Trump's Folly

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Craig Wilson, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe Trump's greatest folly up to date is the trade war with China plus the ever cooling "cold war" with Russia. Are these two issues doing the unthinkable.. bringing former enemies China and Russia together? Sure looks that way. Should we be scared.. very scared if this takes place. Hell I know I am.. should the two get into bed militarily.. This looks on the cards. What a powerful force the two would be. China alone has some 3 million troops under arms.

Last September China took part for the first time in Russia’s Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) and its massive Vostok war games.https://www.theguardian.com/world/g...ssia-war-games-military-exercises-in-pictures.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Pulling the US out of the TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership), rather than try to negotiate a fix to whatever the heck was wrong with it, was another mistake, imo. Always better to have a seat at the table.

Joy Martin and Craig Wilson like this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The opposition in both parties are forcing cooling relations with Russia. With their constant Russia collusion nonsense, any steps toward improving relationships with Russia will be heralded as proof that he's in bed with Putin. The TPP was a bad move, to begin with, and we're all the better off without our involvement in that. As for China, this is something that had to happen, although not necessarily now, but if it wasn't for the fact that half of our own government is openly siding with China, he'd be in a position of strength there.

Bobby Cole and Bess Barber like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A partnership between the two nations is almost inevitable but I do believe that on China’s part it’s just an extension of a military buildup since Chairman Mao.
    He took office in 1954 and based his whole career on economic and military strength with an emphasis on the military.
    If my memory serves me, it was he who made the statement that if a nuclear war did occur, there would still be at least one Chinese male and female left.
    Of such was his thought process and I have the feeling that it is still one of the mainstays of Chinese military theory.

Now, do I think that D. Trump is sort of poking the Chinese in the eye so to speak? Perhaps, but to me it is far better to let them know that this country isn’t a boot lick nation that other administrations (the last one in particular) have led them to believe.

5. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

Gee if only the intelligence community, military & a few wise congress people thought about the difference in stance with Russia & China & warned Pres. Trump the sky is falling I'd feel a lot safer. <---- That was sarcasm. I happen to think Pres. Trump is well aware of what his actions are. There is a lot of ocean between the perceived threat & a lot of technology in place.

Bobby Cole likes this.