Trump's Approval Rating With Black Voters Soars By 60% During Republican National Convention

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

-- Washington Times

It's hard to determine whether the riots are helping the president more than they are hurting him, or the other way around.

On the one hand, reasonable people recognize that the rioters are anti-Trump people, supported, encouraged, and applauded by Democrats. But on the other hand, Trump has failed to do anything about it, and people are concerned that this will continue for another four years if he is reelected.

To reward Democrats for fomenting violence and rioting would be akin to paying the mob to not burn your business to the ground.

A few days ago, there was a large pro-Trump rally in Harlingen, Texas, which is where I used to live, and something like 80% Hispanic, and probably higher than the demographics because a lof of Hispanic people there check the box as "white" instead because they resent the divisions. Traditionally, Republicans didn't even bother fronting a candidate in political campaigns in the Rio Grande Valley. Most elections were decided in the Democrat Primary.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Ebony Magazine Leaves All 6 Republicans Out Of Profile Of Black Candidates

Diversity On Stage At The RNC Prompts A Wave Of Racist Attacks

MSNBC’s Tiffany Cross Calls Black RNC Speakers A ‘Modern-Day Minstrel Show’

Alice Johnson Accosted By Demonstrators Outside White House

Leo Terrell Blasts Juan Williams For Op-Ed Criticizing Black RNC Speakers

I love the smell of desperation in the morning. Smells like victory for those who have had a boot on their necks for generations, and thereby for our nation as a whole.

The Democrat "diversity" facade is one statue I can get behind tearing down.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Amazing numbers. Trevor Noah made the snide remark that that the RNC speakers were all the black people that Trump knew.I read an article by a body language 'expert' characterizing all the Republican speakers as liars and all the Democratic candidates as spreading the gospel of truth. All or nothing. The Democrats might go for it all and get nothing.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

5. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Rush Limbaugh said it's not enough to beat the Democrats. You have to destroy them. God I hope it happens.

6. Yvonne Smith

I actually think that there are many democrats who do not have this mindset that the ones who are rioting, and encouraging the rioting, have. If you remember back around the time of Eisenhower and Kennedy, most Democrats were at least as conservative as most Republicans. Almost all of the Catholics were Democrat, and they didn’t even allow birth control, let alone abortion.
    As Ken has mentioned, there are radical people in the Republican Party, too, the RINO’s , and NEO-republicans. (Or whatever they are called)

My thought is that most of us are about pretty much alike , regardless of the party. We want to live a peaceful life, have enough government that we are not in chaos , and not enough that we have everything controlled like the 1884 book. We want to see our country prosper and people have health care and jobs.
    Most of us are against the violence and riots and burning peoples homes and businesses down, and we know that is not a way to make anything better.
    I don’t think either party needs to be destroyed, we just need to have better people leading this country, and be able to get along with each other, regardless of our political differences; but that is just my thoughts.

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I disagree with that. I don't know any "limited government" democrats, or those who understand that maximum freedoms only exists in the most power at the state & local levels (our republic.) Of course, I feel the same way about most Republican politicians. I think global warming and COVID and the Second Amendment and race and gender issues and all sorts of stuff have been contorted to cause people to think that everyone else is going to kill them in one way or the other, so they must be controlled from Washington DC.

It makes me ill. I used to never vote party line here in Virginia. Having candidates genuinely run on the issues kept everyone honest. Things are so polarized that most of use don't care who our party stands up...we will never give "the other side" another troop for their ranks. So accountability is lost. Perhaps this is the plan.

8. Yvonne Smith

I actually didn't’ mean to refer to politicians, I was talking about everyday Americans, people like we have for friends and neighbors, and even family.
    My daughter is always a good example for me. She loves Hillary, thinks John McCain was a real war hero, and that Trump is the worst person that could ever be president .
    We are as different politically as two people could ever be; but I absolutely KNOW that what she wants is a better America, just like I do.

Politicians are a whole different breed of people, and they are motivated by greed, power, control, and everything that goes with it. Those people who do not have this country’s best interest at heart, need to be gone, and the sooner the better, and they are on all sides of the proverbial fence.