Trump To Lift Ban On Importing Elephant Trophies From Africa

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Many animals are in serious decline - its the reserves that manage to keep a line going to an extent
    If this continues though, there are animals we may never see again in the future

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt
    Killing anything for a "trophy" is to me an absurdity. Proves what? Killing to obtain food is OK, however. OTOH, many years ago, while looking around in one of Las Vegas many unusual "strip" stores, I came across a food section with many kinds of weird canned goods: one of them was elephant meat! THAT I could not condone. There was also rattlesnake meat, others I've forgotten. I bought nothing, of course, but the memory of it was free.
    Frank

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I know there are alot of people who like to hunt. Many hunters in Louisiana can't wait until Deer season opens and while I could never personally kill a Deer or want to mount its head for a trophy, I do like deer roast and sausage and am always happy when a Hunter shares some of this with us.

I also love to fish and eat the fish that I catch if they are big enough and edible fish. But even in fishing I would never try to get the big fish to mount as trophies.

It's the senseless slaughter of any animal for profit that makes me sick to my stomach.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I wonder how business is for that POS dentist who murdered Cecile the lion. I hope it tanked.

This kind of so called sport makes me want to scream. I too worry about animals and their population and what we do to them.

Today at Safeway grocery store there was a poor wild bird in the store in the bakery section. I cut my shopping short to go home and I called the local shelter. They said they would send their wildlife person there. I hope they have some kind of net they can get it with.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

He's still in practice in Minnesota, and probably doing fine. He broke no laws, and was not charged either in the United States or in Zimbabwe. Sometime after the death of Cecil, a native guide was killed by a lion. Although he was a good hunter, speculation is that he may have been afraid to kill the lion for fear of backlash, or that lions had become overpopulated in the region.

Sheldon Scott and Frank Sanoica like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Would be a good thing if poachers were killed by a pride or a herd, 'that' would' stop the slaughter
    Elephants have long term memory, in one programme it showed that 'bulls' that have witnessed slaughter
    carry the memory and go on to kill in the future

7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep, heard this - lets hope he sticks with it :rolleyes:

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't remember hearing about the death of the guide and that is a sad situation. Probably unknown what the full circumstances were.

And I don't give a flying you know what if what he did was legal or not. This freak has something wrong with his internal soul. And I hope he lost business. Look what he spent his money on!!!!! WTF, this is what your money is for. Seriously, there are so many other things to do.

He probably doesn't like domesticated cats either. He has no idea the joy of living with a miniature wild cat in your home.

Patsy Faye and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Camel
    Most decisive in your appraisal of this. Especially like, and appreciate, your phraseology, without reference to the reason for it. Off thread, yes, but I like to give credit where credit is deserved! Good girl!
    Frank