Trump Addresses The Nation On Border Crisis

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joe Riley, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2. Ken Anderson

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The Cato policy would lead to a very high crime rate and people starving in the streets.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Six things the media doesn't want you to know about the border crisis. -- Daniel Horowitz

5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I would make the claim that if you lock your door at night, you are naturally for the Wall or Fence. If you are not for keeping unwanted people out of your home (or Homeland) except by invitation, you should apply the same idea to the nation. Locks aren't prefect either. Windows can be broken, locks can be disabled or picked, but one shouldn't make it easy for intruders. Of course, you could rely on electronic means and take pictures of the intruders as they enter your home. Would thet help if there were no detention or apprehension?

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, a person could indeed throw it over, gram by gram over the wall or even use a drone to fly it over or dig under it and deliver it that way.
    That said, let us not lose sight of the real fact that thousands of pounds are carried across the border just like a major portion of ammunition used to be loaded in Vietnam: On the backs of human mules.

Ya know, I thought of a question a while back which no one seems to be able to give me an answer.
    When a person flies or goes by ship from one country to another, a passport and a visa are required along with a baggage check. Funny thing; everyone expects it, everyone complies by the edicts and the only thing people complain about (in general) are the long lines and other people going through their things.
    But yet, there’s a big to-do about doing the same thing at the border when one walks or drives from one country to another and more specifically, from Mexico to the U.S. Why is that?
    Does flying from one country to another somehow change the human being? My goodness, the folks who fly must be held as highly suspect since they’re the ones who are getting checked but no one wants the folks who walk or ride across the border to be touched!
    Vet them?? Who are we vetting? The folks who wish to come here legally. The people who are coming across illegally are nearly impossible to catch in order to check them out for dope, disease and past criminal actions.
    Build the wall with a whole lot of gates and with a whole lot of agents who will be happy to “vet” them.

I’m not even going to argue the point any longer. I know what I have to face everyday but it doesn’t have to concern anyone else. Unless a person lives in and around an area filled with everyday crap associated with illegal immigration, ya’ll shouldn’t have to worry a bit until it comes to your own door.

Chris Ladewig and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

There are 535,000 undocumented immigrants in New York City. I can't say they cause any extra problems. Just being honest. Just being an observer, not a partisan.

One weird thing I have noticed. The Central American adults are so small, so short. Their elementary school children raised here are already taller than them. It is an odd sight.

eta--of that number, most are Eastern European and Chinese then Hispanic. In Queens NY every language on earth is spoken. Astounding.

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Wall are immoral said Nancy Pelosi than why does she have one is she immoral? These hypocrites they don't think we will check up on them. ScreenShot_20190110181439.png

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

@Martin Alonzo it obviously doesn't work as her gates and doors are always open. There are no armed guards there either...or any security system. Everyone is welcome at Nancy's house. That's just the way it is. The wall must have been built by a previous owner.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

11. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

It has become too great a question for me to even think about anymore.

I don't have the solution...

Hal
    enhanced-buzz-3104-1347566610-4.jpg

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

"....they don't think we will check up on them."

Why are you so hung up on pretending you are part of we? What is your real stake in American politics? Seems obsessive, Martin. Wannabe. Just trying to understand.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

From MSN:

Impact of Trump's wall already felt on Mexican side

One is the growing realization that the swelling numbers of Central American migrants that the Trump administration is fighting to keep out of the United States are likely to end up spending extended stays on the Mexican side, where there is limited capacity to house and feed them.
    That is the challenge facing people like Blanca Rivera, who runs the Casa del Migrante, or migrant house, a shelter for migrants fleeing violence and poverty.
    "We know there's a new caravan on its way from Central America right now," she says.

"We know that nothing is going to stop migrants from trying to reach the United States."

I wonder if the Mexicans think there is a crisis at the border? Maybe they should stop the illegal aliens at their southern border.

14. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

They HAVE been stopping migrants at their southern border if they think they are intending to remain in Mexico, but if they state an intention to go to the U.S., they are sometimes even guided to the northern border to cross into the U.S. The hypocrisy of the previous Mexican Administration was awful.. The current President of Mexico seems (so far) to be willing to work to curb the crisis...that doesn't exist:).

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice digs, with a good substantial fence, fit for a queen. Expect that took a whole lot of coins saved up from her husband's pockets each evening.
    Nice, huh?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019