Trends In Movies

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Corie Henson, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

It is noticeable that the Philippine movies have a trend all the time. When I was young, the action movies became a craze such that any actor with a good physique would be re-invented as an action star. So many titles came into fore like prince of action, junior action king, etc.

What made matters worse was when those movie producers started making the so called biopics, i.e. a film based on the life of a person. After coming up with life stories of cops, what followed were movies on the life stories of criminals. Can you imagine that one action star who portrayed several criminals in the movies even became a senator of the country, and twice elected.

2. Avigail David

Avigail David Veteran Member
    Registered

Is this to say that criminals are glorified and emulated?

Corie Henson likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Your are right, @Avigail David, that's what I hate in those so called bio pic of criminals. Every Christmas week, the movie festival is held to give chance to the local movies - foreign movies are banned until January 2 or 3.

One entry the other year was Boy Golden who was a hoodlum conniving with other criminals, a killer who is trigger happy and a womanizer. Yes, he was glorified in the movie and it's not really good to my eyes. Are those the characters that the children would emulate? And to think that the movie festival is created for the kids, huh. Fortunately, that movie was the last placer in terms of sales and it didn't even earn break even of the expenses.

Avigail David likes this.