Travel Restrictions; Long Story

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Mary Stetler, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

A few years ago, I heard about the Real ID. A law passed in 2010 that no one noticed that went into effect in October, 2019. You would need a red star on your driver's license to fly if using it as your id. So I went to get one. I don't remember why, but they postponed the deadline to 2020. Then, covid hit...
    Turns out I could not get the id because my first marriage was never registered by the priest! He was now dead. The church had burned down with records. My husband is dead. and all of a sudden my first daughter is a bastard!
    I had to collect all sorts of proof (witness affidavits...I could not get a copy of hubby's birth certificate because of OK laws...) and take myself to court to prove my marriage and then register it in the city we were married. It still amazes me.
    I was waiting for all the people who did not hear of the law trying to fly and the confusion it would cause. But covid is in the process of screwing stuff up, maybe it no longer matters?
    I got a passport.

2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Documents cost now.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mary Stetler

I've always wondered about this: how much confusion and consternation, aside from inconvenience, cost, and personal disgust with governmentally-mandated intrusions into our privacy will this cause? This all began as a spin-off of 9-11, with John Ashcroft co-authoring the so-called "Patriot Act". Behind the scenes one Newt Gingrich railroaded his own version of the national ID thing, but he managed to remain mostly outside the "public's eye". A national ID was proposed in the UK, but those usually not-too-resilient folks resolutely resounded against it opinion-wise. I don't know the status currently in UK.

When the greatest amount of public arousal was in effect over the Washington version, it was quietly revealed that there were a number of greatly ulterior motives behind it: State's Rights make it difficult for Federal Law Enforcement Agencies to intervene in legal process being conducted by a State, without sufficient legal recourse. The Real ID Act allows Federal Agency intervention in State's Rights, based on the National Requirement for an ID for all citizens.

What does this mean? It means ALL citizens may now be culled by Federal Authority whether or not they are criminals or whether or not their residence state is actively pursuing any activity against them.

In other words, a National Police not too much unlike the Gestapo or Savak. Savak was the pet police force of the Shah of Iran:
    "Writing at the time of the Shah's overthrow, Time magazine on February 19, 1979, described SAVAK as having "long been Iran's most hated and feared institution" which had "tortured and murdered thousands of the Shah's opponents."[35] The Federation of American Scientists also found it guilty of "the torture and execution of thousands of political prisoners" and symbolizing "the Shah's rule from 1963–79." The FAS list of SAVAK torture methods included "electric shock, whipping, beating, inserting broken glass and pouring boiling water into the rectum, tying weights to the testicles, and the extraction of teeth and nails."

There are 60+ secret police organizations worldwide:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_historical_secret_police_organizations

We of course have always had our share: CIA, NSA, CFR (Council on Foreign Relations), nicely-named but as sinister as any, of which NEWT GINGRICH was a member.

Frank

John Brunner and Marie Mallery like this.
  4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

What does this mean? It means ALL citizens may now be culled by Federal Authority whether or not they are criminals or whether or not their residence state is actively pursuing any activity against them.

I remember Gingrich maneuvering for a presidential run. I remember Ashcroft clothing the statue of Justice because of her bare torso. I can guess the worst but I'd like to know how you're using the word 'culled' here.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Dwight Ward

All the appropriate words escaped me as I wrote, and only "culled" came to mind, sorry.

What I meant is most appropriately expressed as "detained".

Frank

6. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for clarifying. Pardon my paranoid self but I think the one will eventually lead to the other.