Trapped In An Elevator For A Month = Hell.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This woman's body was found after she was left in an elevator when workers cut the power to the elevator without first checking to ensure that it was empty. They then walked away for a month. When workers returned to actually fix the elevator, they found her body. I can't imagine what was going through this woman's mind for the time she was trapped in the elevator. It's disgusting that people could act without thought or care about the potential consequences of their actions. http://abc13.com/news/woman-dies-after-being-trapped-in-elevator-for-month/1234261/

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

How horrible! Hopefully she died sooner rather than later. Seems stories like this happen more often in places like China. Not saying the US doesn't have a few horror stories too, just that I kind of expected it to be somewhere like China even before I clicked on the link.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is a sad story but is there no news happening in the US so they put that in news feed.

4. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

horrifying!

5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I would most likely have my cell phone on me but wonder if they work on an elevator?

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

They often don't work in elevators, @Chrissy Page, they don't always work around specific areas, either. Cell phones barely work where I live, that's why I gave mine up a few years back. I was wasting money, since I'm usually home. Those who do have them have to have booster towers in their homes, and they often still have issues. She may not have had one, either. I agree, I hope she died sooner, rather than later.

@Martin Alonzo Of course there's plenty of news going on in the U.S., but I like to look around at the international news occasionally, too.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I doubt that an elevator in china would have only one person in it.

Chrissy Cross likes this.