Train Derailments And Warehouse Fires

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 13, 2023.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

In the age of smartphones people take videos of almost anything. I would think it more odd if someone sitting in a car waiting did not take a video of the train. What else you gonna do while sitting in your car waiting. I would.

The coincidence may be that a problem occurs where there is a crossroad with enough traffic to have at least one car waiting. I don't know much about it, but probably a bad wheel would be obvious for quite a long time before it actually caused a derailment.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Maybe it has to do with the people who were shooting out electrical boxes?
    Disruption is 'in'.
    There is quite a bit of speculation that Biden actually had us blow out sections of the north sea pipeline.
    Why?
    Because if Russia still had control of it, they could control Germany. Turn off the spigot and let the country freeze for a while. Give them gas if they do what you want. Or don't do what you with regard to the Ukraine or whatever. Now Russia does not have control. So we have been sending our gas and oil to Europe. But since Biden also cut our production and green energy doesn't work, what will we do when we are freezing for a while?

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Supposedly the U.S. blew the pipeline to keep Germany in line. Norway was a party since they would profit from the disruption as they have a new pipeline to Northern Europe. The Administration is now trying to spread the story that Ukrainian dissidents, or maybe Russian dissidents, rented a fishing boat and went out and blew up the pipeline, but nobody with any sense will buy that story. Unfortunately, there are many folks around with no sense and who don't think about what they are fed.

Ken Anderson and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Another train derailment late last night, this one is in Arizona. The first reports is that they sent the hazmat teams out, but now BNSF is saying the train was carrying corn syrup, and not anything hazardous. In any case, they are saying that nothing has spilled. I am not seeing the actual train photos yet, just the location information.

3E3FCEE7-4D66-4C4D-9BE7-184D0DFAB4D3.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I can't help but think cyber warfare, @Yvonne Smith.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

It is two so far today, @Don Alaska . This one is in Anacortes , Washington, and it has spilled diesel fuel all over. This Twitter new channel does a great job of reporting these derailments and warehouse fires right away, it seems like.
    You might want to follow them on Twitter, @Denise Evans , if you are not doing so already.

78129F09-C78F-471A-BBF7-9122D63BB2D2.jpeg

Denise Evans and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

I wonder if the hackers have changed railroads. It was Norfolk Southern, now it is BNSF. I really don't know, but it seems like it is going from one railroad to another. That would be the way a cyber attack could work.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think I am Yvonne, I usually check your profile and see who you've found so yeah, I'll go find it now and follow. I still can't get over how good that podcast was ;)

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

This is the second train wreck that I have seen on the news today, and this one was running at over 80 mph when it jumped the tracks and crashed. The report said that the crew had to evacuate the train, not sure why that happened , or how they managed to do that if it was out of control.
    This is in Southern California in the mountains, and just now happened.

0F3E7378-6433-4D34-8FCF-BCFF2CF5D9C7.jpeg

Don Alaska and Denise Evans like this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Registered

I enjoyed the movie UNSTOPPABLE. The train wrecks in real life? Not so much.

11. Yvonne Smith

Train derailment in Minnesota this morning, carrying ethanol. Just the other day, there was a barge crashed in the Ohio River which was also carrying ethanol.
    They are warning about explosions and evacuating people. Some people are saying that we have train derailments all of the time; but I have been seeing them in the news a whole lot more in the last couple of months.

813C22D1-056B-4D15-A489-6CCE77B382AA.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Registered

Maybe it is like shootings. It is that things are being reported more, instead of happening more, because nuclear war is not happening and we need a new scare because the old ones are not working.

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Maybe, but I personally think the Russians are just doing to us what we are doing to them.

14. Yvonne Smith

This was a 25 car derailment in northwestern Montana, and like most of the other derailments, it happened right beside a river. The Clark Fork River runs into the Pend Oreille River and then downing the Columbia, so if there are hazardous contents, this will be another one that goes a long way across the US before it hits the ocean. So far, no report on what it was carrying.

DE401CB4-BFCD-4E45-884F-B38AA217681B.jpeg

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered