Tractor Talk

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by John Brunner, May 20, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I received my landscape rake a couple of weeks ago, and finally got around to taking it off the pallet and setting it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some areas I'll clean out tomorrow with it. So far I'm impressed with the quality. I'm glad I ordered the wheels with it and didn't try to fig something up myself.

The wheels are so you can set the depth so that the rake does not dig too deep (in order to do regular lawn maintenance.) You can adjust them deeper or remove them and excavate rocks & roots from rough-prep areas.

This model has two pivot adjustments to "offset" the rake so it still runs parallel to the tractor (not at an angle) and rides 2' out on either side, so you can rake against buildings and fence lines without the tractor hugging tight next to those objects.

Got it from Everythingattachments.com

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
    Marie Mallery and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Am I the only one who can't see the images? :(

I assume one is from the original post for this thread and the other, the wheels. Congratulations. That was a long time getting to you.

John Brunner likes this.
  3. John Brunner

That's weird. I can still see them fine. I Uploaded the pics from my computer to another thread first (so they are stored on this forum's server) and then attached those pics to this thread via links as you would any other pic stored on a website. I can see the pics in the Quote box in your comment. Can you?

I have the same issue with Susan Paynter's pics. I can never see her pics, I just see IMG in brackets, even when I Quote her messages.

Can you see the Uploaded pics here?

And thanks for the congrats. This is the first new attachment I've bought since I got my tractor in 2010. I got the front end loader, the backhoe and the roto tiller when I first bought the tractor, and everything else has been off of Craigslist. I could not find a landscape rake in good shape at a decent price.

Let me try uploading the pics below rather than attaching them from the forum server.

landscape rake 1.JPG

landscape rake 2.JPG

Marie Mallery and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes. I can see them. Here and also in the other thread. Nice.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I can see these, but I can';t see the other ones. What horsepower does the rake need?

John Brunner likes this.
  7. John Brunner

There is no such spec on the website.

Here is a conversation on the TractorByteNet forum where folks discuss their rakes on their tractors. On guy pulls a 5' rake with his 17hp tractor. As they say on that conversation, it also depends on terrain

Marie Mallery likes this.
  8. Marie Mallery

Registered

I sure would love to have a small tractor, we do have a 12 HP lawn tractor, our 24HP lawn tractor needs repair.
    We have sand clay type soil mostly sand. I was thin king how that would work clearing vines that are killing our trees.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

You would need something beefier than you're gonna get at Tractor Supply...their rake times bend real easy from what I read. I actually don't know what the best implement for that kind of job would be. Box Blades can dig down and pull stuff up, but even my 32 hp Kubota lacks the power to yank a bunch of that stuff...even in Low and 4WD it gets stuck. I have some stuff I'm gonna have to pull with my truck.

The other thing with these is that the wheel assemblies are expensive...they range from $450 to $550 on top of the price of the rake. At that price, you might be better off renting a skid loader.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  10. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I am trying to cut the offending brush at the base and then coating (brushing on)the 'stump' with full strength stump killer. Later we can burn or use the upper parts for kindling as we need it through the winter. This is the best time because the vegetation pulls the sap and poison down into the roots.

Marie Mallery and John Brunner like this.
  11. John Brunner

I tried a mixture of RoundUp and diesel fuel. I don't think it worked real well.

12. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Bayer has some pretty effective stuff. I don't spray it because I don't want it to contaminate the hay field.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Marie Mallery

Registered

I priced a Bobcat rental at
    I'm about ready to let the vines have the place,all the newcomers are clearing their land. What was once a wildlife filled forest is now turning urban and the wildlife is pretty much disappearing.

Mary Stetler likes this.