Touching Video Of Colorblind Man With Enchroma Glasses Seeing Color For The First Time Ever!

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I had never even heard of these glasses before, and someone had posted a video on Facebook of a family member getting a pair for his birthday. I looked on youtube and there are more videos there, and this one will surely bring tears to your eyes when you watch this man experience color for the first time in his life.

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I've seen that video, and a few others Yvonne.... makes you want to cry...really I had no idea that colour blindness was so debilitating for the sufferers...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I just thought or assumed most men were color blind to some degree. Didn't think it would be so traumatic (don't know if that's the right word) to see the colors the right way.

Do you know what color the man saw the balloons before the glasses @Yvonne Smith?

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

No, I have no idea what colors he saw before the glasses, @Chrissy Cross ; but you can sure see the stunned look on his face when he looks at his hat and sees the bright blue. And I am sure that television had to open up a whole new dimension for him as well. I remember when all we had was a black/white screen, and when color TV and movies came along, it was awesome.
    This was just a video I found on youtube after someone had posted about the EnChroma glasses on a friend's FB page. I think that it is amazing that they can make glasses that do this !

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, it is amazing!

Hope they are affordable....usually something new like this isn't but it sure is worth saving for if you need them.