Took Some Pics On My Walk Today

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Denise Evans, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Just a nice day, and saw some things to take a pic of, but just used my phone:)

Hope you enjoy some of them, denise

The first I did want to let @Chrissy Cross & @Ken Anderson know that I found the pony for the "most likes" contest, LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Who has a pony?

Love the pics of the flowers @Denise Happyfeet

Also, adorable dog.

I see your shadow in the chicken pic....does that mean the same thing as when PP sees his shadow? :)

3. Denise Evans

Registered

Just some neighbors down towards the beach. There was a calf in there, and another little dog;) It was so nice, I'm glad I got out. I only went about 2 miles round-trip, but it's a start. Get back into living again. That pup was gorgeous, my photo doesn't do him justice, purebred Husky, very blue eyes, well the light blue. I got to snuggle him a little too:)

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Our weather is perfect now, think I'll be doing the same. Cleaned my kitchen today and some other things like wiping light switches.

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Always feels good to get some things done around the house;) If you go far a walk, take your phone and snap some!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I always have my phone with me.....might see a Pokémon. :)
    It's just a boring subdivision unless I drive somewhere to walk. :)

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I always get lucky finding something interesting, or someone to talk to:) Well not always, but often:) That pony surprise the heck outa me. That place is for sale and I think the people just brought in their pony and calf to eat some grass or something. Pretty sure I was still within city limits. But the chickens too?? LOL, different yard they were in. There were geese up the road a little further too, taken a swim in a kiddie pool, LOL! Small town I guess, I like it a lot really. Could be in a lot worse places for sure.

I didn't go all the way to the beach today. Also got to hear the highschool band practicing their marching and playing:) That was pretty neat. Should have tried a video on that;)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yesterday I finally stopped and got out of my car and gave that old vet I've mentioned on here $5.

He sits in a wheelchair right by the stop sign where I have to make a right turn out of the plaza where Vons(safeway) is...yesterday I remembered to park near him and walk over.

Asked him why he's in such a dangerous and really a bad place for people to give him anything. He said that's the only place he can sit. I let it go at that. He also called me "young lady" so we both got something out of my donation. :)

I also go to Vons every other day for something so I better have some dollar bills. He seems honest, didn't look like an alcoholic or druggie...just an old vet. :(

Ina I. Wonder and Denise Evans like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Registered

That's the kind of giving we all need to do, and not worry about where the money is spent. I believe our part is ONLY to give to those that ask. When I give money, or am asked for a loan, I never loan it. I give it and if they say they'll pay me back, I say only if that is what you want to do. My X taught me that. He was the most amazing man in many ways. I watched him "literally" help 100s of men that were recovering from drugs and alcohol, no, he was not a counselor. He just was known very well in the Portland area as someone that would help you if you wanted help.

He always gave with no strings attached. I learned a lot from him. I don't always give, and sometimes I bitch about all the people asking me for money I don't have. I realize now that I am upset at myself for not being a better earner, saver, so I could help when asked.

Oh well, rambling, but I am very proud of you @Chrissy Cross a true giver gives with a glad heart. We do, I think, get more from giving, than the receiver of the gift;)

Joe Riley and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

True Denise and I give easily, I've always been generous but you better not be a scammer. Nothing I hate more. Bothers me more than anything.

11. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered