Too Warm To Sleep

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Thomas Stillhere, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Overnight I woke up two times due to heat being pushed into the area opposite of the coming storm and rain this am. I got up at 4:30 and fed the little kittens out on my front porch so they would be able to get to where ever they sleep because we should get some wind and temp change, not cold but windy and rain. I saw different forecast but I will believe the one when I see lightening or hear thunder and or wind. Last I saw on weather was it should hit Baton Rouge by 6am and I am 40 miles west and actually closer to the lower moving front coming out of Texas. The really bad stuff shows to be well north of me but the morning is young. Only 3 kittens showed for breakfast this morning, I know one had been adopted, the little black one with white booties like his mom and he had that little white mustache. All of them were super cute and not scruffy. The two little white and blacks with the pink hairless ears are out there and the other solid black one. I set one foot out the door to place a little dish of milk out and never saw the little black one it was so dark out, I am careful when I do put my feet out knowing they are hard to see in the dark. No Mother this morning so I hope she is alright, she ate yesterday morning and if she comes round I will set some dry food out if it isn't raining. The people in front of me no longer live there and the little yellow cat that belonged to one of their young daughters is still there so I guess they deserted the poor little fella. He knows I will feed him so he will be alright. Usually he meets me on my return after shopping because I always put a can of good cat food out for him in front of my truck. He is very grateful heh. He is a veteran and if we have extreme cold he knows where all the warm places are.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.