Tonight, What I Don't Like About Getting Older Is...

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Not being able to go to sleep when I want to! But on the other hand I am thankful for Forums, Facebook, etc. for staying up with me. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Me too @Babs Hunt , I've always been a night owl anyway , but it doesn't help that I have to be up at 5.30am most days for work, which means being extra good and being in bed around 10pm if I want to be fresh as a daisy for the day ahead..however my brain won't shut off, and I find it very difficult to get off to sleep. I'm lucky if I get 4 hours sleep due to several issues ..but also my brain just doesn't shut down the whole time I'm 'asleep' anyway..so if I do have to get up in the night, I thank the lord for social media...

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think that is part of it for me too. My brain does not want to shut down and go to sleep eiher. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Health issues aside, and I know they affect us too... But the computer is the problem.
    It shouldn't be your 'go to' for trying to get sleep.

What works for me is my habit of shutting down my computer late in the afternoon.
    I get to sleep without problem. Only aches and pains can sometimes be an issue.
    Even the time change hasn't affected me. .. I go to sleep around 9PM, up at 5AM everyday.
    It just surprises this morning, as I glance at the clock, that it's later then I thought it should be.

I have a neighbor who is always complaining to me about not being able to get to sleep at night. She stays up late watching TV and "waiting" to get tired. Like I told her, don't force the issue, relax early in the evening and sleep comes easier.
    Getting involved with computers, TV, and any electronic gadgets keep the brain too engaged to let you relax.
    If on the rare occasions that I stay up past 10PM, I can't fall asleep until well after midnight, 1AM.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm exactly like you, @Bonnie Thomas, same hours. I also get off my ipad around 6:00 PM.

I also can't fall asleep till much later if I didn't fall asleep by 9:00. I think it's because I get anxious about not getting my 8 hrs of sleep.

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  6. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

That's it with me also. We think alike!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I usually am not on my computer at night at all, but when I have one of those nights when I can't fall asleep I like to know I can turn my laptop on and enter a world where others are awake too.:)

8. Bonnie Thomas

Registered

Granted ..going to sleep at 9PM does make you miss things at times...:)

Friday night on the local nightly news, my son was being interviewed by a Houston TV station at Rice University.
    He and his wife were trying out some new electric bikes going on the market. They asked his opinion, and it got him on the evening news.. the interview, and him testing bikes. His sister saw the newscast and captured it on her phone in a video. ..emailed it to me in the morning.

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm glad they emailed the video to you Bonnie. :)

Bonnie Thomas likes this.