Tomorrow Is Laser Cataract Surgery.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm an eye drop expert...that wouldn't bother me but all the rest would.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, hopefully, you won't need it done. The cataracts have to be pretty bad, and affecting your sight, before the eye doctor will recommend seeing a surgeon. Mine were...…..that bad and affecting my sight, especially the left eye. That's why I went back to my eye doctor and asked him if I had the best prescription glasses he could give me and he said "yes" and then referred me to the surgeon. Light halo's all over the place at night and my distance sight was all but gone. IOW, my eyesight was getting more and more "white" by the day.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Really glad to hear your surgery went so well @Cody Fousnaugh. Not to get to far off topic but I have been wondering if you and your wife have decided where y'all will be moving? I've looked for a post about that but could not find it.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, this last July, we were in Loveland, CO and part of Fort Collins, as well as part of a day in Cheyenne, Wyoming (rodeo) and drove down to Parker, CO to see our old house. Because of a number of things we miss about living in Colorado, before our trip, we were already researching the Loveland area. Nice boating/fishing lakes, close to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, the nice people (we met while there), rodeo action covering a lot of CO and surrounding states and so on. Just seeing warning signs (Elk Crossing) along the western part of the main street (Eisenhower Blvd) was totally neat to both of us.

So, the answer to your question...….Loveland or surrounding area. This is why I'm getting my eyes done now and a few other medical things we both need done, before my wife quits (or gets laid-off) her job. There is a chance the company she is working for will move to Tennessee next summer. Those that don't want to go, will be laid-off. We don't want to go.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I hope y'all will be happy where ever y'all decide in the end to move.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Another thing, while I'm thinking about it...….the Introduction sheet to this surgery I had states "a person can go back to work within a day or two following surgery". That could be a "marketing" statement, because...….. if that person uses a computer a lot, that just isn't going to happen. A person can try it, but will be back at home shortly. I found out the hard way, thru eye stress on the surgical eye. Too much computer and tv, did stress the eye. However, most people that get cataract surgery are already retired.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, one thing is for sure, we will be happier than we are here and the northern Colorado area sure has what we miss, from the 5 1/2 years we lived south of Denver.

@Babs Hunt, would you believe that we still have our winter parkas, gloves and boots from when we lived in Colorado? Guess we always knew something might draw us back.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband's brother lives in Centennial, CO and some of our nephews and nieces live in Denver. I really liked Colorado when we traveled there to so I could meet his brother and his Mom...and I would have loved to see more of the State but we only had so much time to be away from Louisiana. Even though I loved the scenery and the mountains, etc. we know we would not be happy living there full time because of the really cold winters and snow. Our aging bodies just don't respond well to the cold anymore.

Tennessee has some really pretty places too so I'm surprised you and your wife didn't consider moving with the Company over there...but I'm sure your wife is ready to retire too now. Anyway, I wish y'all happiness where ever y'all end up Cody. :)

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

To be totally honest with you, neither of us like anywhere in the South or along the East Coast. Had our fill when we lived for a year in NC and now here.
    One other thing, The Front Range, as it is called, doesn't get nearly as cold and snowy as some of the northern states, like Montana, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Actually, the "refrigerator" of America is considered Buffalo, NY.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

All those northern states you named would be places I wouldn't mind visiting...but I wouldn't want to make my home there. As for North Carolina they have some really beautiful places there too...and I have a handsome nephew and beautiful niece that live there with their families too. We all feel at home in different places Cody but knowing how unhappy you and your wife have been for a while now...I hope you two get to go home soon.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, Babs, those northern states definitely aren't for everyone, just like the South and East Coast isn't. On the morning we were heading for Cheyenne (rodeo), people at the hotel were shocked seeing us in Western attire and us telling them we lived in Jacksonville, FL.. "You don't live here? You sure look like you do." I guess there are very few, if any, people that go to Loveland and/or Colorado from Jacksonville or even Florida for a vacation.

IOW, we love the Rocky Mountains, seeing field after field of corn, tractors, grazing cattle and other farm stuff. Basically speaking, we made a mistake leaving Colorado.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well at least it's a mistake you can undo @Cody Fousnaugh...even if you have to wait a little while longer to do that. :)

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Continuing on with my Thread...……..the eye is getting better each day. Still using the eyedrops, but only have tonight and tomorrow night to sleep with the plastic cover over my eye and I'll be able to stop one of my eyedrops on Thursday. After this coming Friday, will be able to go back to a few normal things, like doing all of the laundry. But, then on Wed the 24th, surgery on the right eye and restrictions on activities again for 7 days following that surgery.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, the left eye is doing fine, and after today, I will only have one prescription eyedrop to take once a day. But, that will only last until this coming Sunday, when I get another one going for pre-op day. Laser surgery done on right eye a week from this Wednesday. Sure hope I get the same great results, so far, as I have with the left eye. At least I know what to expect for the upcoming surgery.

Have my last two prescription glasses ready to go to my eye doctor (giving them to him). If, obviously "hopefully" everything goes fine with the right eye, I will not need any prescription glasses at all anymore. Just a pair of descent reading glasses for looking small print on computer, iPhone or other things. Will also buy a descent pair of Aviator Sunglasses to wear during sunlight. Had a pair of Aviator sunglasses once and loved them. Really cool looking sunglasses.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'm not really back, but...…...tomorrow I have my right eye done as laser cataract surgery. I'm still on one prescription eye drop for my left eye, which was the really bad one, but, since this past Sunday, have started another prescription eye drop. Then, tomorrow afternoon, will be starting another one. At that time, post-surgery, I will be using all three that I used on my left eye. The eye drops can be a pain to keep up with, but a necessity.

Just hope the surgery tomorrow on the left eye, turns out as good (vision) as the left eye has. Will give my surgeon a review, or two, after I see how my right eye turns out.

Now, I will go back to reading my Farm & Ranch magazine. :DLOL

Holly Saunders and Nancy Hart like this.