Today's Ridiculous Tv Shows

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Just seen an advertisement for My Big Fat Fabulous Life. Pretty gross and I haven't got a clue why such a show, that seems to glamorize very obese people, is on tv.

Are there shows today that you think are ridiculous?

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

A better question is "are there any decent TV shows?"

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I think most reality TV is totally pointless; I have never understood the popularity of such drivel. I like to watch documentaries, true crime (like Investigation Discovery), Nat Geo, History Channel, etc.

And I totally agree that the push to "glamorize" grossly overweight people is annoying, whether in fashion models or on TV. I know that the world is getting fatter but I like to turn on the TV and see people who look better than me. And I'm not bashing fat people, but if I want to look at that I can drive down to Walmart. (And yes, I have had to battle a few pounds in my life but I keep up the fight.)

I am also sick of the pushing "alternative lifestyles" in current movies, etc. I don't care what people do in the privacy of their home, but I don't care to watch it in mine. wiseman.gif

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm chuffed to bits...my favourite TV drama of all recent times is coming back with another series this year. I don't know it's airing date yet, because it's filmed up North not here in the south, so I have no contacts, but it's brilliant news, I can hardly wait.

Oh..the name?.. Last Tango in Halifax... :D:D

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

There was a program on the Food Channel, I think it was that channel, who ate all kinds of weird things in different countries. Bugs, bugs and more bugs. Gross! He died.

I wish WWE and all of the other wrestling and cage fighting programs were gone. I remember when WWF was on, but didn't watch it. Then, around 1989, women's wrestling came about. Women slamming each other on the mat. Again, ridiculous!

Then The Housewives of (wherever) came about. Housewives? They looked more like Vegas Call Girls!

Guess these are the programs this Generation wants.

Lois Winters and Bess Barber like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

I absolutely cannot stand those ''housewives'' shows...what a load of old Bilge... thank goodness we have loads of other channels we can watch and not stuck with just 5 as we used to have

7. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

yeah...they're gross!

if you get a chance....check out "highway to h3ll "

the name might sound bad...but it's about a tow company that works pulling rigs from the icy roads in Canada. .,discovery channel.....marathon now

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I just watched The Dublin Murders on Netflix, Holly. Have you seen that? I really enjoyed it and I hope there's a season 2.

9. Holly Saunders

Registered

I don't have netflix Beth. I had Satellite TV... over 600 channels

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

I've seen that in the past good show, but after you've seen a few then you've seen them all really.... I also like to watch ''Alaska, the last frontier'' on occasion... I think that's on Discovery or a similar channel, I'd have to look...

Lois Winters and Teresa Levitt like this.
  11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I was almost afraid to read this thread. There is nothing worse than meeting someone you like, only for them to tell you they love all the Housewives of (wherever) or the Kardashians. This is when my mind goes into gear and I'm trying to come up with excuses as to why I have to go. Having a conversation with someone who would find any of that entertaining.....is worrisome. :D

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Ha ha, so funny as this happened to me recently. It was such a turn off for me - just can't relate to it at all :rolleyes:

I'll stick with documentaries and comedies, although I do confess to watching 'one' soap while having me tea :p
    (that drives me mad too, but we have ten minutes of discussion afterwards on how ridiculous it is - fun !) :p

13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Craig Swanson - my Paul has downloaded Clive James programmes, did you get to see these shows over there ?
    He is pure entertainment and a very funny man

14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a baseball fan, so when the season opens, that's all I have on TV. I even watch the classic games on SNY and Yes or MLB during the off season. Regardless if it's a game I've already seen. I love the Smithsonian an Science channels as well.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We sometimes watch a movie on a channel that advertises a show called Hip-Hop In New York. The movie can be good, but I'd never watch Hip-Hop In New York.

We have RIDE TV, which is all about equestrian/rodeo things. We aren't into Hunter-Jumpers or Dressage at all, but the rest is good.

Wife likes HGTV, but I can't stand how stupid Chip can act and be on Fixer Upper. His son will wear a baseball cap normal, while dad (Chip) will wear his backwards. Have never liked the look of backward baseball caps. Just my age, I guess.
    Christine in Flip or Flop loves being "on camera" and seems to always have lots of makeup on and look like a Vegas Call Girl.
    We both like Love It or List It, with Hillary and David. When Hillary finds out what her budget is to fix up, she can go "what??" I like it when David wins and the couple announces "List it".