Today

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Bill Boggs, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Today

I checked out a DVD of ‘The Streets of Laredo’ and with my roommate’s permission because she said tonight is not a good television night, I place CD one in the dvd player and didn’t know how to go to play. I forgot how to operate the Sony unit that is both a DVD player and a DVD unit. After trying every thing I knew to do I removed the disk, placed it back in its holder and will return it to the library within a few days.

The library did not have the book Streets of Laredo in large print but they can find it with in the system and get it for me. I will asked them to do so. I am devastated I cannot operate this machine. I feel it is not just a case a slight forgetfulness but maybe something more serious.

I am not a writer but I will keep on writing and doing what I can to keep my brain functioning to some extent the best I can. I will read another western or a mystery and for now pretend it didn’t happen. I will try to learn how to operated the new digital camera.

I was going to add something else in this paragraph, something I thought appropriate but I have forgotten what. Perhaps it will come to me. Oh, yes, I remember.

I did something today I have never done before. I bought something sight unseen. Monday is my roommate’s birthday. She has made it plain she does not want anything. Birthdays are for kids she says. I found online a bouquet, a flower arrangement I like, an artificial arrangement.

Online the picture is quite attractive. On the way back from the library I stopped at a nearby florist told them I was interested in an artificial arrangement and was this something they could. I showed the lady a picture of what I liked; she checked her stock and said she could do one very similar. She took a picture of my picture with her phone. I told her I’d like kit delivered between nine-thirty and noon. She could do that.

I paid her, trusting completely she will arrange something pretty and similar to what I wanted. I had never before bought something like this sight unseen. I usually go in to a florist and if I see something I like, I buy it if I can afford it. We even negotiated on price a little debit and I okayed a price for delivery. I hope I am happy with what they deliver because it was not inexpensive. I hope I am not disappointed.

I am going to post this somewhere on the forum. I know I am not communicating with anyone but I feel the need to. That’s it for now, so Merry Ha Ha, Cheers, and pass the potatoes.

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

What a thoughtful thing to do, Bill. Your roommate will love it, no matter what.

Beatrice Taylor and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

A very nice birthday gift for your roommate, Bill!

I promise not to tell and ruin the surprise!

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My player for movies plays both VCR's and DVD's and if I don't use if for a long time I sometimes have to stop and check out the buttons to see if I am trying to play the VCR tape in the DVD mode, etc. So don't feel bad @Bill Boggs as we age things are harder to figure out sometimes. :)

I hope your wife enjoys the gift you are giving her.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, don't get worried about your memory with regard the DVD player...I do the same as does my husband if we don't use something for a while.... In fact just the other day I wanted to play an aerobic exercise video, and although I remembered how to put the disc in, for the life of me I couldn't remember how to play the damn thing.. but I worked it out eventually..

the problem arises when we get frustrated and the more we do the less likely we are to work it out... did you look up the make of the DVD player online, and see how to do it?

Incidentally good luck with the flower arrangement, both from the florist and from your wife... I hope neither are a disappointment .. :D

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thank you. I didn't watch the video, I decided to return it to the library. I started to look up rthe Sony player I have but decided if it was that complicated,
    I don't want to fool with it. I,too, hope [the flowers are pretty and what I hoped they would be. Thanks for your reply.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bill Boggs , what a lovely thing for you to do for your wife. You're a good man. :D

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

A Birthday Bouquet.

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5110.JPG
    Up close and personal

You have to touch to realize
    these are artificial. Sometime
    you get lucky.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Tom Tit

Tom Tit Veteran Member
    Registered

well done bill,i nice thought

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They are really beautiful, @Bill Boggs .

Happy birthday, Mrs. B!

Bill Boggs likes this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You wouldn't be able to tell they were fake for sure... was she happy with them Bill?... is that a photo or a mirror behind the flowers..?

Bill Boggs likes this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

No they look real. Everyone that's stopped by today thought they were the real McCoy. I thought the florist did good job. Mirror or Photo? It's a photo, Holly, slightly out of focus.