Today, Our Beloved Ina Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Yvonne Smith, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It might be in some of her posts, especially when talking about Izzy. I'll look through my PMs from her though.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh @Yvonne Smith...I'm so sorry to hear that things are already not going well. I definitely will be praying about this.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I will forward the link on to Patricia and Bobert, and helpfully, it will help out.
    Bobert said they did call the police, but nothing was done because it was family members , and apparently they had a key. They are changing the locks so this does not happen again, and I did tell them they need to get an attorney immediately.
    Since you had family in the Houston area, do they by any chance have a recommendation for a good attorney ?

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The only Attorney my daughter and her husband used was a Real Estate Lawyer...so I can't help there. Patricia will need an Estate Attorney I believe...one that handles wills, and inheritance.

7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

That is sad ,hearing the vultures are coming out ....This is the very reason we made sure our wills are water tight by making it with a solicitor
    Just wondering if the family has looked in what some may concider silly places like under her mattress ,or even in her undies drawer ,I’ve know people who have “hidden” paper work in places like the bottom of bedside cupboards by taking the bottom drawer out placing the items on the floor then putting the drawer back in .....
    TBH I didn’t know Ina all that well ,but all this makes me sad to think she put her heart into caring for so many only to be treated like this after her death

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Ina could also have a safety deposit box at her bank that she has her important papers in.

I'm just so sorry that she didn't have time to share with Patricia her wishes and other important information before she passed on. I hope those vultures have to return anything they took without permission.

What is happening here is a good reminder to all of us to get our affairs in order because no one knows when they will leave this earth either.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is one of the things that I kept “harping” about with Ina, especially after what happened with my friend, Evelyn, and I was scared that it could happen to Ina, too, and she would be trapped in some nursing home like Evelyn was.
    She told me she had taken care of everything, but obviously, she hadn’t had a good talk with Patricia and Bobert to tell them where to find everything they needed if she died.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If Ina said she had taken care of everything...then I'm sure she did. I guess she just thought she had more time to share the info with Patricia and Bobert...:(

Chrissy Cross and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

This is beyond sad... Ina would have been absolutely devastated to know this was happening, although she feared it would . I suppose her 'real' family feel they have more right to her things than Patricia who she only recently officially adopted although she'd raised her from a tot... and according to Ina her 'real' family had no interest in her at all.. and were mad as heck when they found out about the adoption..I remember her telling me that..

She's never mentioned a will to me I'm sure of that..but just in case , I'll look back through all my emails and PM's from Ina over the years...just in case..

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

As Yvonne has already mentioned so eloquently, the VULTURES, have indeed come to roost. They are those who's only relationship with the deceased is when they had their hands out asking for help while Ina was still alive.
    It is a bit of irony that at this time of year, the whole affair is reminiscent of the Ebenezer Scrooge story when the women were gathering his bed clothes after his death.
    It is during times such as this, that I become a proponent of burying or burning everything of earthly value to the deceased with the deceased thereby yanking the spoon out of the mouths of the greedy.

To face the absolute fact, none of us here can any longer guarantee that we will wake up on the morrow, (as if we ever could) and our main job as our day comes closer is to insure that there will be no idiocy among the vampires.
    Of the nearly 3,750,000 seniors that die each day in the U.S., a lot of them will have their belongings being sorted out in probate court or at the very least, fought over in some very disrespectful manner.
    As we live to fight for peace within our own surroundings, we should be allowed to pass on knowing that the peace we fought for will reign out.
    In short, do others and yourself a favor and make the necessary arrangements that are needed to insure that peace.

By the bye, as some of you have already surmised, it was indeed Ina who sent me a check to help replace some of the tools that were stolen from me.
    Neither Yvonne nor myself even remotely indicated that we would accept such a favor but she would not hear of anything other than what she did.
    She told me that she just wanted a picture of Yvonne's face when I made something else for her with my new tools.

After all is said and done, may she finally find some peace in the hands of our Lord and the tormentors of her memory be judged accordingly.

13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Bless our Ina, what a lovely request from her
    In the arms of loved ones now

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ina was a generous soul! I remember when she was planning her trip to California she said she'd swing by Fresno and take me out to any place I wanted for dinner, price was no object.

That was when I went to Maui with my son and his family so neither one of us could change plans.

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Ina sure did bless you Bobby...and everytime you use the tools she bought you her memory will make you smile. :)

She blessed all our lives here on the Forum and even though I'm sad that her earthly presence is no longer with us...I can't help smiling when I think of her and can definitely feel her spirit with us still.

May her Creator take care of the vultures and bring about Ina's will for the things she left behind.