To Be Woke, Or Not To Be Woke, That Is A Serious Question

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I like them too ,may as well make it humorous,huh?

Jo White likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

He does a good job of making fun of things that ain't funny alright.

Jo White and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

On my journey to understand and maybe even apply some woke wokeness, I have now found something to protest and if it’s successful, why, I might even get a position on the most woke list.

Just as someone had a fit about hurricanes only being named after women, I am appalled that several letters of the Greek Alphabet have been seriously neglected whilst naming the variants of CV-19.
    The powers that be went from CV-19 right to Delta whilst skipping by Alpha, Beta and Chi which teaches our progeny that those letters are far less important than the heralded Delta.
    Then, to add insult to injury, those same powers skip 9 MORE letters to make Omicron, an obvious oppressive letter, to be the name of this particular strain.
    There’s no justification for such neglect toward some and partiality toward other letters and whilst I have not yet heard whether the Greeks are upset about it, I certainly am and will do all I can to make sure all the other letters are recognized equally or given some sort of compensation.

Just a note: I was going to start a campaign so the other letters in the English Alphabet aside from LGBTQ be recognized with equity because indeed, those 5 letters have been given a position of superiority whilst all the others have been left dangling like a participle at the end of a sentence.
    Alas, the LGBTQ community might sue which is not a very woke thing to do but they do have better lawyers who are more woke than I.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I sometimes refer to it as the LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ community.

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

How bout Let's Go Brandon Tour ;)

6. Rose Flowers

Rose Flowers Well-Known Member
    Registered

To me, the question isn’t whether we are woke or unwoke, or any other Tower of Babel label. The question is do we have any unifying core principles for governing that we believe in - such as the Constitution and a system of government that encourages responsibility, accountability, equality, and unity. Or do we enjoy the diverse politics of chaos - such as tribalism, labeling, running in the streets and burning, looting and shooting and turning every incident into a debate about whether the participants are racist, woke, homophobic, xenophobic or some other label. The question should be do the participants demonstrate responsibility, accountability, equality and unity of purpose for the common good of all under the law.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2022
    Michael Stewart and Al Amoling like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I woke to the fact that the entire world is and has always been ran on - greed, lies, and political mayhem .

8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Let's here Whitney sing about where wokeness got Bud Light.

"It has a complex woke flavor, a bit nutty one day and fruity the next." Hahaha!

"Your beer has taste like bum bum for a while, but now my taste buds are defiled." :D:D:D

A parody on the Four Seasons, "Oh What a Night."

I love Whitney. Not only is she a great jazz singer and comedian, but her skills at lyric perversion are amazing.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Ed Wilson likes this.
  9. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Love your new avatar, Faye. xxxooo

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Woke, smoke, toke, hell, I am broke.

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks Lois!

Lois Winters likes this.
  12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It’s hard to describe how much I hate all this “woke”, “diversity”, “ equity”, “inclusion”, blah, blah, woof, woof. Advertise your tolerance for your selected values and practice intolerance against anyone who disagrees with your view.

What ever happened to getting to know a person and basing your views on the actual character of that person? It’s like that guy who got attacked a few months back for wearing a MAGA hat. That’s bad enough but it turns out it wasn’t even a MAGA hat, it was just a hat in the same shade of red. It’s a joke, see red, charge! What happened to getting to know people as individuals first before making decisions about what they are rather than based on their religion, race, creed, dress style, etc.? We have become a nation of hypocrites.

Rant off.

13. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Now that “wokeism” is starting to ebb somewhat, my question is a simple one:
    Who, in this great nation of ours, has benefited from it all?

Has tipping over a few statues made anyone a happier person? Has it changed history?

Is a he/him a more financially stable and happier person now that he is a “they/them”?

Does Johnny feel some sort of “equity” now that he doesn’t have to pass reading, writing or math?

Moreover, has BLM enhanced any black life other than the founders of the movement?

How has it enriched anyone who has helped ransack a store? Stuff comes and goes and like someone hitting the lotto, most of them are broke and have nothing to show for it.

Other than some male prisoners saying that they are now female and have been moved to female prisons, who has really benefited from the trans movement? Word has it that even Lia Thomas has had his record setting medals taken from him and his times stricken from the record books.
    Seems to me that the only person who truly benefited from it was the Bud Light boy…uh….even his name escapes me. An extremely bad actor who found his niche’ by playing dress-up in a dress and makeup.

The question still remains, who indeed has been made a happier and a more well adjusted person from the highly liberal woke movement?

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Most of the world has now rebelled against the movement, with quite a number of nations actually outlawing much of "wokeness".

John Brunner and Bobby Cole like this.
  15. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

San Francisco's wokeness is about to exact a cost. Crapping on the sidewalks, homeless camps everywhere and unabated drug use generates about 1,200,000,000 (1.2 billion) gallons of sewage to be dumped into the bay every single year. Nice behaviour for a city (and state) that regulate your bottles, bags and straws. S.F. is being sued by an environmental watchdog group.

Article

Bobby Cole likes this.