Tinea Versicolor Or Splotchy Skin Stuff

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bobby Cole, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Figuratively and realistically.
    There is so much going on with it. It’s totally fascinating because I’m starting to come up with my own theories to proof based on what the whole molecular structure is supposed to do opposed to what it is doing.
    Malaneezia is supposed to be there but not in the form that it is presently in so that leads me a theory that it might have morphed from being part of the skin’s defense system to an even greater defense system instead of being considered just a lousy bug.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Have you tried an AC vinegar bath? ...or applying ACV?

Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Not yet but it’s next. I wish I had some sort of control group that I could work with but all I have is me so I am documenting the progress (or lack of) of each item that is supposed to work. I was working with Selsun Blue but now I am doing the prescription shampoo and also using an aloe lotion to bring the pH back to where it is supposed to be.
    Note: it takes months to make things come back to normal so I have plenty of time to see what works best and again, document the results.

My largest concern isn’t killing the mutations because that part is easy. The hard part is to kill it off without hurting the flora that is supposed to be there and then control it until I can really figure out why the malaneezia mutates at all and make an approach from that direction.

4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, @Bobby Cole sorry to read that you are afflicted. My wife suffered with a similar problem when we visited Hawaii a while back, but hers resolved once we returned to this environment. I was going to suggest a cider vinegar bath or soak (with towels) and perhaps a trial using some of the OTC antifungals. There are a number of them out there, and it would be difficult to choose among them. If your tinea doesn't resolve, try an athete's foot prep on an area and see if it improves. If there is a decent Integrative Med Doc or Naturopath in the area, they might have some ideas too, as they seem to attribute a lot of problems to fungus. If you have a way to measure the pH of the bath or soaking solution, try to get the solution pH around 5 to 5.5. Getting it too acid might cause other issues.

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The way my brain works, I'm not really "afflicted" as much as I've been given an opportunity. From everything I have observed thus far, no one really knows a whole lot about ANY of the offshoots of malaneezia much less the type of mutation I have, so, I'm not as anxious to get rid of it as I am to study it. It also gives me a little break from some of the other topics I am studying and since this problem will have a short life span, I can easily find myself completing a good piece of research in a relatively short period of time.

Question: You mentioned that your wife developed a problem with tinea versicolor whilst visiting Hawaii. Tell me if you would, did she by any chance have a sunburn just prior to the outbreak?
    There are a few items listed that may or may not be the cause of the condition like, hormone changes, hot and humid weather conditions, oily skin and a few more guesses but that's all they are: guesses.
    I'm looking at the guesses and attempting to add one or more center points which might employ all of the other supposed reasons for the development of the skin mold.
    Eventually, I really believe that there is indeed a singular reason why the mold grows so quickly and only in certain areas which is why I asked about a possible burn.

As a small bit of time goes by and I am satisfied with my own knowledge, I will indeed be looking at a couple of the local naturopaths and holistic people for their approaches but again, I really have to look at the little critters and break them down to the very essence of their existence. I'm not as interested in the macro as I am the micro in other words or at least, at this time.
    And, as I wrote in another post, I am looking at trying to restore the pH levels of my skin by first making sure the pH level of the gut is correct. If I know that I know that the inner self is good to go and I still exhibit the same skin condition, the gut can be partially ruled out as a participant but thus far, it looks like the pH inside has everything in the world to do with maintaining a good chemistry on the skin surface.

I love science and the human body and even more when it applies directly to me.

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought yoghurt regulated PH balance
    Also Bobby, have you tried Vitamin E cream, has to be pure E cream, really good for skin blemishes
    and I was 20 when I got too much sun, terrible reaction, went to a herbalist who made up some vit E cream
    and it was like a miracle :)

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yes mam.
    I actually dislike yogurt but for the sake of experimentation, I have been eating some flavored stuff we found on sale at Kroger’s. I’m getting quite used to it and found that if it’s berry or some other fruit flavored yogurt I kind of like it!
    Vitamin E is a good call for normal blemishes. It and Tyrosine will work to help with melanin production and maintenance. My problem is that the mold prevents the melanin from doing it’s job but when the tinea is gone the melanin will probably be in need of some help so that is when a vitamin E salve will come in handy.

Patsy Faye and Joe Riley like this.