Three Reasons 'the Pill' May Be Hurting Your Relationships

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Diane Lane, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Obviously this won't apply personally to most on this site, but I'm posting because it's a really interesting article, and most here have children and grandchildren, as well as younger friends.

I think many are aware of birth control pills' effect of dampening desire, but some may not be aware of the reason behind that phenomenon, and this article has a few other interesting tidbits. I found the section on immunocompatibility fascinating, and then there's the section on strippers...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...ons-the-pill-may-be-hurting-your-relationship

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

An interesting article Diane it shows how complex and interrelated our bodies are, the stripper section seems to help explain how forming relationships on an online dating site, do not necessarily follow through when we meet in the physical world, where a whole different range of subtle unconscious signals are given out.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi Terry, yes, I found it to be an interesting article. Society has changed a lot, and it's possible that this could play a part in it, since it affects basic sexuality. I agree, meeting someone online is a lot different from meeting someone out in the real world. I tend to like the interactions online, where physicality isn't taken into consideration, although that's not always the case these days, with so many people seemingly addicted to selfies and posting videos of themselves.

4. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I agree Diane meeting someone online, takes you to the persons psyche without the physical distractions, which can bring in all sorts of judgemental and stereotype issues. I believe I meet and interact with people online who in real life, I would never even meet let alone have a conversation with.

5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I had been on a pill years ago and I didn't find anything odd in my behavior towards sex. Maybe it is on a case to case basis or on the type of contraceptive pills. At the time that I was struggling with my career, we couldn't afford to have children so I resorted to the pills. As far as our relationship is concerned, my husband and I are fine, or should I say ideal.