Thoughts About The Earth Being Flat

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is a really intriguing old map that I discovered, and it shows lands out beyond what we can see on the part of earth that we are on. It would appear that the whole earth is much larger than we think it is, according to this map.
    I have no idea where it came from or if it is really as old as it appears; but since it is so unique, I wanted to share it here.

52F1F49D-0D6C-4860-915A-996BABF09EFA.jpeg

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Another thing that I find interesting (which is also being pointed out by other people), is that the picture of this giant eart is very similar to how the moon looks.

C4792067-26EF-4059-AFD1-50230BD33FC3.jpeg

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Some of the ideas of the flat earther 1 no gravity but it is bouncy how does the flashlight stuck to a dome and another black circle [moon] can make the ocean raise and fall in some places this is 50 feet [Bay of Fundy in Canada] 2 if the world was flat anything that hovers about it could be seen from any where on the flat earth like the sun and moon. 3 They claim the sun is like a flashlight it is only directed in a certain area yet like the moon you do not see the part which is not illuminated by the sun. why can we see the planets ? The sun looks the same size when it is high in the sky as it dose at sun raise and set. Why doesn't the sun move along the horizon as it moves around the flat earth? Anyone who has used a compass know the N, E, S ,W are known as directions if you go 1 inch north or 1 thousand miles north it is a straight line and not a curved line. So a compass only works on the globe. Globe compass  perfect.jpg

4. Martin Alonzo

Registered

There has been sailboat races around the world for years a lot are in the southern oceans. Here is one which is a singlehanded race called Vendee Globe sailboat race. It goes around Antarctica. If you check the distance of the race it blows the flat earth theory Vendee_Globe  Sailboat race.jpg

5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

My mother had dementia and my sister and I would share her at our homes. I remember one trip, taking her to my sister's in Minnesota, my mother became very agitated. Every time we came to what she saw as the horizon, another appeared. Over and over. Even SHE saw that the world was not flat.

6. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

its been working ok for me so I don't care if its flat or not.

7. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

I read that the circumference of the earth is Pi, aka 314? From what those who studied the Great Pyramid's. There foundations were laid in that equation [if that is the word I'm looking for :confused:]

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Like all theory's need to be checked. when I heard the Global warming they said the oceans are raising, ice is disappearing on the poles, and polar bears are going extinct. Well I left the news/computer and walked to the beach and found it had not raison and next found more ice on poles, checked on polar bears and they are doing just fine. So when flat earth came along I shut off the computer went out side and seen the sun rise and with eye protection checked it at noon and at sun set it was the same size so destroying the flat earth theory of the sun getting so small you can no longer see it. Than as a sailor and being aware if storms and noticing low pressure in Northern hemisphere rotate counter clock wise and Sounthern hemisphere rotate clock wise and is explained by the world being a ball. I also set up satellite TV the dishes have to be exact or they do not work. Flat earth claims there is no satellites and when you see them they are put up by balloons. Never remember a balloon staying in place in the sky. They still will not comment on the midnight sun in Antarctica

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hey Martin! Nice to "see" you again.

11. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

In my opinion, and the opinions of all educated people, the earth is round , like a basketball. The very idea of a flat earth is nonsense. As others have said, we have not only sailed completely around the earth, we have orbited earth from space. Additionally, we have sent spacecrafts around some of the planets in our solar system.

Martin Alonzo and Don Alaska like this.
  12. Mary Stetler

Registered

You can't say that these days. It's not 'woke'.:rolleyes:

Don Alaska likes this.
  13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Maybe Earth doesn't identify as a planet; perhaps it is a star...or a black hole?

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

Richard Whiting I hope you 'get it' as it is offered.;)

Don Alaska likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Earth is not round.