Thoughts About The Earth Being Flat

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It could, and likely might be, according to Einstein. He described the universes "finite but unbounded". This means that if one were able to perferm the feat, a flashlight beam shone in front of you out towards the sky would in theory encircle the universe and return to you from behind.

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

I like the story of Einstein, while feeling the Bern as a Swiss patent clerk, riding the Streetcar to work, could imagine if it traveled at the speed of light...and the consequences of that travel. NOTE: link added @Frank Sanoica
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Registered

"I started believing the Russians after that"

@Martin Alonzo That is to imply that the Russian Government would not lie and/or distort the truth to retain it's agenda "on course".

4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Well.......having one's thoughts pertaining to a topic solicited is quite the rarer event on a forum; as a rule, responses are made by personal reaction based upon the writer's opinion. Respectfully, I cannot comment truthfully without hurting one side's or the other's feelings, in this debate. That, I would rather not do. Suffice to say, that when deeply scientific questions arise regarding Physical Principles appearing to violate theological dictate, the only resolution is to bluntly believe the Good Book either overtly, or decry it's contents. A choice there, too, I would rather not make.

Sorry for this convoluted reply, it will resolve nothing, and satisfy no one, I suppose. Frank

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"I started believing the Russians after that"
    @Martin Alonzo That is to imply that the Russian Government would not lie and/or distort the truth to retain it's agenda "on course".

Frank when someone is caught in an outright lie they lose some creditability with me, now do I believe the Russians would not tell a lie of course not. So far they have been more trust worthy for the truth.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica , I was thinking of your engineer's take on the video, regarding specifically your knowledge of gyroscopes.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Joe Riley Ah, soryy for being so unperceptive. Often my lids are heavy, and my sights are dim, as I approach that final hotel stay!

Gyroscopes are kind of outside my experience, though my Dad bought me a toy one as a kid. It had a heavy wheel around the axle of which, a string was wound and pulled to bring the wheel up to speed. On the gimbal's base a small ball had a slot which allowed the whole thing, pretty heavy it was, to rest on an edged surface, like the lip of a heavy drinking glass, where it defied gravity, and balanced here. And that is about the extent of it.

I must confess, however, to only having skimmed the vid, but will seek to defy my wife's wishes this evening (she dislikes forums!). Frank

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Fascinating comments - enjoyed reading them