Thoughts About The Earth Being Flat

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

While 99% of me is asking myself why there is even a conversation about this, the other 1% wants to ask these questions:

1) If the Earth is flat, where do the oceans go?
    2) How would we be able to see lunar and solar eclipses?
    3) If one flies in a plane for long enough and travels in a single direction, one ends up at the same place as one started. How could you do that on a flat surface?
    4) How could the sun drop below the horizon of a flat surface?

Just four of around 25,131,487 that I have, but space precludes...

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Space ....

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  3. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Pun intended!

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Tom, these are questions that everyone has when (and if) they first start looking at this. There are answers, and the videos that I have posted do explain how it all works together.
    The hardest part is jumping down the rabbit hole in the first place, because, on the surface of it, this is not even something that is open for questioning.
    And most people don't.
    I think that I explained that I watched the first video just to see how anyone could even consider thinking that the earth is not a globe, since we all have seen it since kindergarten.
    Being the "tinfoil hat" type of person that I am, I thought that this one would be easy to discard; but once I started looking at the answers to the questions that you have asked, and all of the other questions that come to mind, then I found that I had to at least consider that our world is somehow different than we have been told.
    Questions:
    #1. There is an ice wall around the earth thousands of feet high that contain the oceans. We call it Antarctica, but they have sailed over 70,000 miles and never came close to circumnavigating it.

#2 There are videos that explain this, but I can't do it easily here.

#3. Just like flying around your dining room table with a toy airplane. (see video )

#4. It doesn't. It has directional light, and as it goes around the flat circle, it shines on certain areas. The video also shows how the seasons work.

A good place to start is Mark Sargent's videos called Flat Earth Clues. They are short, basic tutorials that explain the most basic questions. http://enclosedworld.com

(After that, try the link to Rob Skiba's webpage, which goes into awesome details on every question you might have. There is a link on my signature on this post. )

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a Flat-Earth cookie!;)
    Earth Cookie 1.jpg

6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The FLAT EARTH SOCIETY was started as a joke, just some people wanting to have fun. No one believed the earth was flat. I find it hard to believe anyone today actually believes the earth is flat.

Tommy Gunne and Ike Willis like this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

As amazing as it seems, there are more and more people coming out every day that are starting to believe that there is at least SOME kind of difference in the shape of our earth than what we are being told.
    The thing is, most people automatically will reject the idea without even checking to see what EVIDENCE there is for this possibility.
    If a person, especially a Christian who is already familiar with the Bible story of Creation, will actually spend even one day checking out the evidence, then they are apt to see that there is a reason to look into this assertion.

I am not at the mathmatical and intellectual level of most of the articles that I have read, enough to even try and explain most of the initial questions that people have about this; but can understand well enough to see that there is something to it.
    Since the pictures we are shown of what earth looks like from space are all composites, and not actual photographs, we really do not have anything that shows us what the earth looks like .

Some of the most interesting interviews that I have listened to are from pilots, surveyors, or seamen, people who should need to include curvature of the earth in their occupations.
    Listen to this video and it will explain some of the questions that you might have.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Very interesting video, Yvonne! Thanks! I liked hearing how gyroscopes work, guiding missiles using targeting radar, and not losing line of sight contact over 45 nautical miles, because of earth curvature. A Gov't/Military think tank developed GPS and owns it, allowing other countries to use it. I liked that the military does not rely on GPS technology, but rather an upgraded system based on LORAN (short for long range navigation, was a hyperbolic radio navigation system developed in the United States during World War II. ). Around 2008, many cell tower look-alikes were built, which really provide our GPS, rather than communication satellites. Almost all Towers and radar are in the Northern Hemisphere.
    I would be interested to hear from Gary and Frank, on this. @Gary Ridenour @Frank Sanoica

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Thank you, @Joe Riley ! I thought the whole interview was very well done, too, and if @Frank Sanoica and @Gary Ridenour will take the time to listen to the interview, it would be awesome to hear what they think as well.
    I have actually looked at those websites where you can see planes taking off and then the tracking of them as they fly, and it did look to me like the ones from the Southern Hemisphere were said to be out of tracking after they had left the immediate area of the airport.
    This could possibly explain why we were able to totally lose airplanes like happened with the Maylasian flight that disappeared and has never been found.

The interviewer on this program is Rob Skiba, who is a Christian author, and also has a radio program and youtube channel.
    He has done a lot of great research on the flat earth possibility, and is still researching. At this point, he considers himself to be a "ball-earth skeptic", which basically means that he thinks there are things we are not being told about the earth.
    His website for this is called www.testingtheglobe.com if you want to read some of the information that he has gathered in his research.

Joe Riley likes this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

It could, and likely might be, according to Einstein. He described the universes "finite but unbounded". This means that if one were able to perferm the feat, a flashlight beam shone in front of you out towards the sky would in theory encircle the universe and return to you from behind.

12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the story of Einstein, while feeling the Bern as a Swiss patent clerk, riding the Streetcar to work, could imagine if it traveled at the speed of light...and the consequences of that travel. NOTE: link added @Frank Sanoica
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    Frank Sanoica likes this.
  13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

"I started believing the Russians after that"

@Martin Alonzo That is to imply that the Russian Government would not lie and/or distort the truth to retain it's agenda "on course".

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Well.......having one's thoughts pertaining to a topic solicited is quite the rarer event on a forum; as a rule, responses are made by personal reaction based upon the writer's opinion. Respectfully, I cannot comment truthfully without hurting one side's or the other's feelings, in this debate. That, I would rather not do. Suffice to say, that when deeply scientific questions arise regarding Physical Principles appearing to violate theological dictate, the only resolution is to bluntly believe the Good Book either overtly, or decry it's contents. A choice there, too, I would rather not make.

Sorry for this convoluted reply, it will resolve nothing, and satisfy no one, I suppose. Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

"I started believing the Russians after that"
    @Martin Alonzo That is to imply that the Russian Government would not lie and/or distort the truth to retain it's agenda "on course".

Frank when someone is caught in an outright lie they lose some creditability with me, now do I believe the Russians would not tell a lie of course not. So far they have been more trust worthy for the truth.

Frank Sanoica likes this.