Those That Don't Want To Listen

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I work with some real gems where I work now. I work with the one new (less than a year) RN and she is a real know it all. They offered her a desk, computer job and she jumped at it. Already. While I've been on my feet almost 27 years at it but anyway, this treasure comes to work one day and starts yelling she can't find any meds for this person. I was on the other cart and had worked the cart she was on the day before. I explained I couldn't find the Lidoderm patches but ordered them and they should have come in. There they were. And she couldn't find this and that and insinuated what did I do yesterday. I explained where one med was (I think it was a narcotic and know it and didn't know that) and informed her that the other med she was looking for was in a bottle. That med never comes in punch cards it's always in a bottle with a filter under the cap. She didn't know that. Know it all.

Or the ones that never shut up. I work with a registry nurse on occasion. I like her personally but say one sentence and she won't shut up for five minutes. So I try not to talk to her.

I'm not one that needs to be right. I'll literally let people think they got the best of me if that is what they need to believe. I'm not argumentative. It's just not worth it.

2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

But it need not be limited to on the job incidents........Both my wife and I have become accustomed to "rating" others, especially limited-time encounters, new acquaintances, even friends, as to whether the person as willing to listen as wanting to talk. The "talkers" are most usually the dislikable folks.

Now, I know for a fact that I'm a blabbermouth. Surprisingly, though, not at all so in everyday face to face encounters. I believe I've been introverted throughout my lifetime, beginning especially after being burned seriously while in the 8th. grade. For some reason inexplicable, I relish carrying-on in this faceless, ethereal internet existence.

Take the Smart Phones, now, Psychologists are actually treating patients for being "addicted" to them, while disregarding traditional relationships and socially acceptable interaction.

What utter rubbish! Frank

Sheldon Scott and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh, put me in a good debate and I'll go at it. Like I always say, I have no problem with confrontation, but it has to be with the right person. Basically, someone that will end up agreeing with me. (LOL)

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Good or bad, wife and I "rate", which, to us, is just another word for "judging" others quite often, especially if we see a gorgeous young girl smoking a cigarette or somebody who has tattoo's spread up and down their arms, legs and around their neck.

As far as being an introvert or extrovert, I'm definitely and extrovert, but haven't always been. During the years I was divorced and looking, I found out that I was to much of an introvert and that wasn't good for being single and looking. I would go to a nightclub and just stand around. Shoot, if I wouldn't have changed my personality, from being too much of an introvert, I would have never met my wife.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree, I think that most of us 'judge' to a certain extent @Cody Fousnaugh ..as you say , comment on something extraordinary , the way someone may be dressed or tattooed, or the colour of their hair.... or perhaps the way someone is acting or speaking in a way that's different to what we may be used to..''

it's human nature to comment..or even silently judge whether for the good or bad..

6. Denise Richardson

Denise Richardson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh yes! I have a sister that thinks she know better than anyone about everything. She will ask about my health and I start to tell her but before I can get started good, she is arguing with me as if she knows more about what my health than either my doctor or myself. Also, she has argued with me about how I used to wear my hair. It didn't matter to her that I used to fix it and saw it everyday. She thought she knew more about it than I did. I'm just staying away from her and I don't miss her one bit!

7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

When I meet a person like Cody is talking about I just have fun and not take personally. When they are wrong I will agree with them and show them how reticules their argument is. they cannot argue with you if you agree with them. It is only upsetting if you take it personally. Have fun let them show you how stupid they are