This Movie Could Go Down In History!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Got our The Last Jedi tickets yesterday, reserve seating only, and will see the movie in 3-D. Seeing it in December.

As all of you know, we are big Star Wars fans, but this movie could be the last of the original series. The next movie, coming out sometime next year, doesn't have any of the main stars in it. It is about Han Solo's life, when he was young guy. The cast is all new, that I know of.

Even though The Force Awakens didn't win any major awards. JJ Abrams (Director) didn't care because his movie was ranked the "highest grossing movie ever in the United States/North America". Now it is appearing that The Last Jedi may outdo The Force Awakens.

All wife and I know is.........we are looking extremely forward to seeing The Last Jedi.

Aniri Ciocan likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Hummmmm, no Star Wars fans, hugh? Actually, we think our age is oldest Star Wars fans there is. When we went to Star Wars Celebration 2017 in Orlando this past April, we didn't see anyone there in our age bracket.

Aniri Ciocan likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My daughter took us to see the new Blade Runner and they had the previews for the Star Wars movie . I enjoyed the old Star Wars movies, back when they were realeased a long time ago, and took my kids to see them; but it is not likely that I would go to the threader to see this one, although I would probably watch it on Netflix.
    I think that it is great that you have something that you are so passionate about, Cody , and it is good that you have already got the tickets and are looking forward to the new movie.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My wife's son was a Star Wars fan, but not a big fan like we are. I had seen the original three (4,5,6........A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi). I was 28 years old, when I seen the 1977 one, Star Wars/A New Hope. I wasn't a huge fan of the first three (1,2,3) or am I a real big fan of Rogue One. Really liked The Force Awakens, but still not as much as 4, 5 and 6.

Actually, neither of us were real big fans of any of the movies and didn't talk about them when we first met. That is, until three years ago, when we bought the original Trilogy Series of movies and then bought Princess Leia and Darth Vader Halloween costumes. After that, we seen The Force Awakens and Rogue One and went to the Celebration this past April. I got rid of my old Darth Vader costume and bought a much more expensive one and we got my wife a Female Stormtrooper costume.

We are big fans of Star Wars, but we sure have seen bigger fans than we are that have spent out quite a bit of money on Star Wars stuff.

Aniri Ciocan and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Aniri Ciocan

Aniri Ciocan Veteran Member
    Registered

I am also a big fan of the movies. However unlike you, I became a fan 10 years ago. I have seen the last ones but I don't like them as much, I feel that it's repeating the first ones plots. Now don't get me wrong I would still watch them over and over again, they are funny but the first ones have a special spot in my heart