This Is It Folks

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sunday at 7:45 AM and we are still all here. Amazing, but darn happy!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, just checked ...I'm here....think my mind is gone though.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Of course we are still here. I guess for those who believe the World was created with a big bang and will be destroyed basically the same way, yesterday could have been the end of the World with that scenerio.

But as a Believer in God, Jesus, and Bible prophecy....the Rapture could have taken many of us away yesterday...but the World would not have ended. According to Biblical Prophecy there are still a few things that have to happen before the World really ends. One being the Rapture (for those who believe in this), next the Antichrist taking his place in the One World Government and Religion, Three and a half years into the Antichrist reign peace will end and the tribulation period will begin for another three and a half years. Then at the end of the Tribulation Jesus Christ will return and take His Kingdom from satan and all his followers. Jesus will also save the Jews who will fianally receive Jesus as their Messiah. Then there are still a few things to clean up before Jesus destroys this World and makes a brand new World and heavens for those who will live for eternity.

So none of us really had anything to worry about yesterday as far as the World being destroyed and some more people just made theirselves look like fools again predicting this. :)

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

He was quoting scriptures from Luke, when he make the prediction. The world wasn't going to end yesterday, it was just the beginning. He stated that terrible storms and earthquakes will hit in the coming ? years, that will destroy the world. Nothing was going to happen instantly.

Don't know where people got this "instantly" thing. I read what he predicted and "instantly" wasn't in the article.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh There was more than one person predicting different scenerios for yesterday...and some just hinting at things that might happen. So while your article might have said one thing, others had different things to say. :)

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Ugh, I really dislike all the so called predictions. Look how many in the past claim such none sense. They all are dead,or in hiding from shame.
    I hate quoting the Bible, as I am not proficient enough...but I do remember, the Lord claiming no one, not even the angles in heaven, Know the end of time. End of story.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You are right Gloria. Jesus made it very clear that no one but His Father God knew the timing of when He would return and everything else. It's amazing to me that not only do people who don't believe in God or the Bible predict these things...but those who call themselves Christians do this very same thing just as often. Many of these Christians know the Bible says we cannot know the time....but they predict it anyway making a mockery of God's Truth and true Believers.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you., for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and thhey will not escape." -- 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

This is where the sermons usually end. However, the text continues:

But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be alert and self-controlled." 1 Thessalonians 5:4-6

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The Scripture verse I was talking about is from the Gospel of Matthew, Chapter 24, verse 36 when Jesus clearly says: "But of that day and hour no one knows, no, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only." In Chapter 24 and 25 of Matthew Jesus clearly tells His disciples the signs of the times and the end of the age and while He clearly gives us some signs...He also clearly tells us that no one but the Father knows when that day and hour will be.

All Believers should always be prepared for Jesus to come back, etc....but we should not be setting dates for this. Jesus couldn't get any clearer about this.

11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

You mean the world ended and I missed the whole thing?????? Well, that's not fair!:mad:

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes the earth is gone now so don't trying landing your broom on it....you will just have to keep flying around endlessly from now on Shirley! :p

Ken Anderson likes this.