This is a Really Disturbing Video About Law Enforcement Discrimination

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, May 19, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I just watched this video and it is really shocking. The video shows firstly, a white man walking down the street with a rifle on his shoulder. A police officer sees him and stops, questions him about the rifle.
    Next, they show the exact same scene; but with the man being black.
    The difference in the way that the situation is treated is incredible. I do realize that police officers have been being targeted recently by black men, and shot without reason; but even considering that fact; this seems like a totally different approach to the same situation.
    Watch and see what you think.

2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

The video doesn't really tell me anything.

For one thing it was a different cop. The reaction might have been the same in either case if the same cop was involved.

Secondly, can't tell if it was the same town or the same part of town. Reaction of cop could be different in a high crime area.

Thirdly, and this is a big one. This video was made intentionally to make a point. I wonder have many times they had to go through this before they found one cop who drew his gun against a black made or the one cop who didn't draw his gun against a white man????

Videos like this can be very misleading and then they are posted all over the internet.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Very good points, Sheldon ! I wentback and looked at the video again, and the first one, they say they are in Oregon, and you can see the orange oregon license plate on the front of the police vehicle.
    In the second scenario, it looks more like they are in a bad area of maybe a larger city, and no plate on the front, so definitely NOT in Oregon. Has to be a state that does not require front plates.
    And, as you mention, who knows how many scenes they went through to capture these two that they put in the video.
    Perhaps it is just another one of the propaganda videos to put dissent between the races like the news media seems to be trying to do. I sincerely hope that is all it is !

4. Clark Smith

Clark Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

This is indeed disturbing. I can't believe racial distinction still exists in this world.. Every man should be treated like anyone other man no matter what the colour of his skin or the religious faith. It's shocking for real...