This Coronavirus Problem

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Thomas Stearn, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, folks, there are lots and lots of folks in America that have took off their mask and outright lying about have the vaccines. "I've had enough of this mask wearing and nobody had better tell me to wear one again! I haven't had the vaccines, but nobody has the guts to ask me if I have, so I completely get away without wearing one."

Whether a mask works or not, isn't necessarily the problem, it's the people who haven't go the vaccines and acting like they have. IOW, our Nation is in a mess with this Covid 19/Variant thing and many people just don't care. "If I get it and die, I get it and die".

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Actually, it is.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I cannot explain your scenario. As far as I know, there are two types of Covid tests--an antigen test and a PCR test. The antigen test is the rapid test and is, collectively, said to be 85% accurate. I am sure there are different manufacturers with different accuracy rates. The PCR test is considered the "gold standard" but can be adjusted by the number of replications done. Usually the PCR test takes at least a day to complete, while the antigen test takes about 15 minutes. Perhaps your facility knows the relative accuracy of the antigen tests and prefers one over another.

John Brunner likes this.
  4. John Brunner

I guess, but the test they made her take in the hospital only delayed her procedure for 1 1/2 hours total...the time taken to determine she needed to be retested+time to swab her+time to analyze+time to report results. I wish I had been there to ask questions. But neither of us has the data, huh?

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

For the life of me I cannot understand why the vaccinated mask wearers are so hell bent on others doing the same. If you feel that the vaccine and a mask have protected you, why do you CARE what other people do? So freakin' annoying.

I am not an "anti-vaxxer" at all, but I have not had the vaccine and I'm not sure whether I will or I won't. That said, anyone trying to FORCE ME to inject crap into my body just rubs me wrong and makes me dig in my heels. LET ME DECIDE; IT'S MY BODY.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why do you care? You've had the vaccine and you wear a mask. Allow other people to choose their own life and get on with yours.

7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

When I evaluated antigen tests, I found the biggest problem was not the test, but the person who collected the sample.
    We linked the majority of errors to the person collecting the specimen.

John Brunner likes this.
  9. John Brunner

I can imagine. Makes you wonder who is doing all of this testing. I cannot believe the infrastructure and the trained staff were all in place, sitting idly by just waiting for a surge like this.

Don Alaska likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That's exactly what we are thinking now, Beth. We've even come to the conclusion that we are done telling my SIL (wife's sister) that she should get both the Booster and Senior High Dose. Just like the old saying goes, "you can take a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".
    SIL goes to Las Vegas in December, and isn't fully protected (as much as possible), like we will be, that's entirely up to her.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't remember which thread I put this in, but I did state that our County Heath Officials were putting back a mandatory mask order for all indoor places. However, and there is the key word "however", even though there are signs on doors to these places saying "Mask Required To Enter", the requirement-Health Dept. Order is NOT being enforced.

We were in Safeway Grocery Store last night, wearing our mask, but at least half of the people shopping were not. The employees are told by upper management NOT to tell any customer to put on a mask. And, from reading online yesterday, Colorado apparently is leading the Nation in Covid 19/Variant outbreaks. But, many, many people here don't care.

12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

John Nopales likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I find it amusing that Dr. Fauci is making the rounds trying to explain away the higher incidence of hospitalizations of children by saying that they are being overcounted because a lot of these kids come in for something unrelated to COVID but, since everyone coming in is tested, they are being counted as COVID patients, so we should disregard the higher incidence of hospitalizations among children. Well duh, isn't that the way that COVID patients have been counted since they started this mess? It would make more sense to disregard the whole thing and go back to living.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Yeah, we lied. What are you going to do about it, besides believe us again the next time we lie to you.

15. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

And, now they have the gall to want to give me a 5th shot? I told my pulmonologist, "no way."