This Coronavirus Problem

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Thomas Stearn, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

-- Breitbart

Not only are the large social media and news outlets removing this information from their platforms but privately operated websites featuring the video are being taken down, I can only guess through pressure exerted on the web hosting companies.

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

The video can be seen in its entirety on Breitbart.com

Yvonne Smith and Martin Alonzo like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I listened to the whole video. Mostly that hydroxychloroquine with zinc is a "cure" as well as a prophylactic for COVID-19. But the very first speaker encouraged school openings.

There is little data on how children are affected by this virus because they were on lockdown early (school closings) in most states, and have probably been more protected than any other group since March. I know if I had some kids, I'd rather leave them at home, with a relative or spouse if possible, than make them tag along while shopping now, but that's just me.

Rather than open schools and see what happens, I'd rather wait for a little more information to come out. Some states will be willing to experiment and some won't. Maybe other states can learn from those that experiment.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

7. Ken Anderson

So would I, but I felt that way before the virus. I wouldn't subject a child of mine to the public school system these days. However, I posted a thread about an article that was specifically about the reopening of the schools, but which included a lot of information about the virus that would be relevant to anyone, but no one has even commented on it. I suppose that it was too long and no one wanted to read it.

8. Nancy Hart

Registered

How about looking at deaths instead of cases. This is up through May, 2020, when there were only about 60,000 deaths. Not a full 12 months yet.

upload_2020-7-28_22-28-16.png

Ed Wilson likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

This doesn't even account for the fact that many of these are fictitious.

covid-us.jpg

10. Ken Anderson

Most of the influenza deaths and a whole lot of other deaths, including motorcycle accidents, are being counted as confirmed COVID-19 deaths. The thread and article that I alluded to above state that more than 90% of what is called confirmed COVID-19 deaths would not have been so considered using the procedures that had been followed since 2003. They changed the rules specifically for COVID-19 so that pretty much anything could be considered a COVID-19 death.

Lois Winters and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Nancy Hart

Registered

Gee whiz, Ken, I didn't realize you could be so much fun. ;)

Let's just suppose your 90% figure is correct (which I doubt). Reduce 150,000 (current death count) by 90% and you get 15,000. Multiply that by 3 (because we are only about a third of the way through a full blown year of this) and you get 45,000. That's still more than double the deaths due to flu in 2017-18, which was the worst season for the flu in recent times.

Unfortunately we will probably have to wait at least a year, maybe two, for the final numbers to come in. So we will see then. Meanwhile I'm going to be cautious.

12. Ken Anderson

It's not my figure, and you're making a lot of assumptions that are based on false numbers and a sort of new math that considers 45,000 to be twice as large as 61,000. Was that Common Core? However, pretty much no one is dying of influenza anymore because these deaths are all counted as COVID-19.

-- CDC figures on influenza deaths

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Lois Winters likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

-- The Heritage Foundation

14. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

If a person gets a bullet between his eyes due to a drive by shooting and an autopsy shows he was asymptomatic COVID-19 when tested posthumously, is it accurate to say he died from the virus? Of course not, but that is exactly what is being done.
    A lady in Philadelphia who was in fine health, was killed outright in an auto accident. Autopsy showed she tested positive for COVID-19 and so that was the cause of death on her death certificate.
    Such reporting not only is false, it is criminal for it adds to the hysteria. The man an lady mentioned may never have gotten sick themselves but were carriers only. These are only a small example of the subterfuge going on behind the scenes with all this reporting. Where I live in my assisted living facility, we have two new cases among the residents.
    Now, we have been nowhere since the beginning of March nor have had visitors, etc. So, how can this be? We are locked up like jail birds, yet the staff comes and goes at will as do phycical therapists and lab technicians. The doctors have been doing facetime, but not the rest. Naturally one of the aforementioned is bringing it in if not more. When this is broached with the powers that be, I am told to prove my theory.
    Say what? Logic be thy companion. Of course we have a governor who thinks he is God and uses only computer models to justify keeping us prisoner. They as any intelligent person knows fail abysmally.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2020
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Now they claim there are six different varieties of the Virus. I just don't care anymore. I try to protect myself because of my health and my family because I do care for them.Otherwise...whatever.:rolleyes:

Beth Gallagher and Lois Winters like this.