Third World Medicine

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Medscape had a doctor talking about Cuba and how much the medical system could earn from them,
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/847571
    This third world county has less medical expenses, less child deaths,and live as lone as Americans.

2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

I've been inside a hospital in Cuba, courtesy of a mishap on a slippery mountain footpath. The hospital was in a small town and very impressive in terms of equipment, staff, cleanliness and all of the things you'd hope for. Cuba sends doctors to many Latin American countries and their healthcare professionals are regarded very highly.

I might add that the literacy rate in the country is 100% as well.

3. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Cuba is an exemplar country because having suffered all those limitations imposed by the USA embargo and all kind of vicissitudes, they have excelled in the medicine field, and yet willing to re attend anyone from around the world needing a doctor, or sending doctors where they are needed.

Tom Locke likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe I'll get a Cuban doctor one day. I visit our clinic for a look at every 4 months, and get a different doc about twice a year since my regular doc retired. When my long time doc retired, my numbers all were ok. New doc, from Iran, changed some of my meds. I told him some side effects were making me feel really crappy. He insisted I keep taking what he prescribed. I wound up in a hospital. First thing they did was change my meds back.
    The next doc I got was from India. First thing she did was change my meds and totally screw up my numbers. She changed me back finally. The end of this month I go back for another check and will see a new doc. I'm fearing for my life.

5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

You need to fire all your doctors and doctor yourself you have probably out lived all the doctors who have been giving you information. That is why Cuba has such a good medical because the US embargo stopping all those US drugs.

Ike Willis likes this.