Things That Excite Some People, But Don't Others

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Found out this AM that our apt. complex Assistant Manager flew to Wyoming for her Honeymoon this past April. Her and her new husband visited Yellowstone National Park. She already knew that wife and I had been to Yellowstone when we lived in Colorado. When I asked her if they seen the big Falls there and the Elk, she wasn't excited at all when she said "yes".

When wife and I visited Yellowstone, we were very excited and couldn't wait to tell people about our visit.

Perhaps Wyoming and Yellowstone weren't so interesting to a couple that loves Florida.

Guess some folks get excited over some things that other folks wouldn't or see as "boring".

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You mean like the Video I showed you of places in Colorado, that you've not visited before...LOL

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Why surprised? We all like and appreciate different things in life.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not really, but...…..

That word "visiting" takes money, that we just won't have. Certain things we will be able to do and certain things we won't be able to do.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I know this, but she really acted like "why on earth did we choose to go to Wyoming??". I mean, there are folks that take trips that wind up not enjoying the trip for whatever reasons.

6. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Some people are excited about living in Florida... You are not...that pretty well sums it up Cody - every body's boat floats differently :)

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Very true. Actually, I have high school classmates that have told me they would never live in Florida or be Snow Birds (and they could afford it).
    Now that I think about it, we gone a few places, like restaurants, where we've said to each other afterwards...…. "been there, done that and not again".
    Guess, like some threads I've done, this one is another "unnecessary" one I've done. I really, really need to "think before I write"! LOL

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh no Cody...there is nothing wrong with this thread at all..sorry if I made you feel like there was.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You didn't make me feel there was. I just have to "think" before I "write". IOW, people have different reactions to places they go. Some folks, like us, love taking photos, while others don't. Some folks would much rather go here or there than other places. Yellowstone is great, but a person has to like wildlife and some mountain driving. There are places in the U.S. that some folks would much rather go to than Yellowstone National Park.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a really interesting thread, @Cody Fousnaugh , and it is good that we all enjoy different things and different places.
    There are places that i enjoy visiting but that i would not want to live, and sometimes, what you see just driving through an area is not the whole picture of what it is really like.
    When Robin and I drove down to Orlando last year, I enjoyed sightseeing the whole trip, but I definitely would not have wanted to live in Orlando, or even close to there.
    Some of the little towns we went through along the panhandle of Florida were awesome, and we both said that it would be great to live that close to the ocean, but then that hurricane came along and totally devastated most of those beautiful little towns.

I grew up in Idaho, and miss it a lot, but at my age, I no longer want to live in all of that cold and snow up north; but the other seasons are glorious.
    I think that your return to Colorado will be a similar thing, in that you have all 3 seasons that you can enjoy, and then just “hibernate” over the winter as much as possible.
    You will be living in an apartment, so you don’t have to go out and shovel driveways and such, like we did living out in the country in Idaho.
    I couldn’t ride or care for horses anymore, or even get in and out of my kayak, or hike to fishing lakes; so even if I were able to live in Idaho, I could not enjoy all of the things that I miss there.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

This thread is not ''unnecessary''...it' s a point for discussion. As you say people not everyone likes the same things, so when you make a thread like this, it gives everyone the opportunity to discuss their various points (likes and dislikes)... that's what the forum is all about, so by posting this tread as you did , you're keeping this forum alive..!!

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Thanks for your reply, Yvonne and you are absolutely right.

Actually, there are a number of things that has motivated us to leave here and move back to Colorado. Things we really, really miss in Colorado and things that have happened here in Jacksonville.

Funny thing is, we know two "Snow Bird" couples that when I bring up about hurricanes here, they say to me "oh we don't worry about a hurricane, we have insurance to cover any and all damage."

I would love to get back in the saddle again, just for some trail riding, but I haven't been in a saddle for some 20 years. I think I could still saddle/bridle a horse, but riding? Our boating days will last one more summer (2020), but I think that will be it. After the boat is gone, a Shih Tzu pup will come. Love our boat, but will be glad to get the dog also.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The only time I have been to Yellowstone, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. For one thing, I didn't see so much as a squirrel.

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

You are the only one that I know of who went to Yellowstone National Park to see squirrels, @Ken Anderson ........
    But....to each his own, as the topic says.

15. Holly Saunders

Registered

:D:D