Things That Are Hard To Do Or Stop Doing

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 22, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you have any so-called "bad habits" that are very hard to stop doing? How about things that are hard to do?

Tobacco Use (cigarettes, chew, "dip", cigars, pipe)
    Drinking
    Shaving Off A Beard
    Swearing/Cussing
    Farting (even at home)
    Saving Things
    Being Overly Lazy

Think of anything else, put them in.

As for me:
    Smoking. Wasn't hard to stop. Didn't smoke enough to make it hard to quit, however, did go from smoking to using Shoal Regular (dip) and once in awhile used Copenhagen snuff and Red Man Chew. "A pack and a half of cigs a week", I was told "isn't smoking"

Drinking. Have never been a heavy drinker at all. But, do enjoy a good/stout margarita or a Bud Light
    Grew a beard years ago. It was really kind of hard to shave it off, but did. Never grew another one.

Swearing/Cussing. Do a little, but nothing like what I hear today.

Farting. Do that at home and wife and I kid each other when one of us do it. We say "Must have picked it up from mom (my wife's mom)." Didn't bother her at all to cut one at home, no matter who was in the apartment.

Saving things. Wife has this problem and it use to be a big/major one. Not so much today, but we are going thru things she saved, so we don't have to pay to ship them when we move.

Being overly lazy. Seems like if we do too much on a Saturday, we are too tired to do anything on Sunday. Is that called "age"?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

For me, I would add getting started on new projects.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Nope I am perfect ....:D:p:confused:;):rolleyes:...

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I had a problem with an addiction that I overcame..
    It was the hardest addiction to overcome that I can think of, as we all must eat meals everyday..

I WAS A COMPULSIVE OVEREATER .....

I used to weigh 358 pounds, and went on low carb (Atkins) then to lose weight, and I also went to Overeaters Anonymous to try to cure my compulsive eating.................. It worked..
    Today (years later) I weigh 205 and have overcome my compulsive eating, however, the addiction is still there and I am still on a low carb food plan and will be for the rest of my life..

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Home-made wine! Yum! No nonsense. No preservatives, no sulfites, no chemicals. 4 things. Water, yeast, fruit, and sugar! A double batch of Cranberry, fruit having been bought after Thanksgiving 2 bags for a buck!

[​IMG]

Patsy Faye and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOL...that explains a lot... ;):D

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

I don't think I have any bad habits per se.... but I do find it difficult not to eat dark chocolate if it's in the house...and even more difficult not to buy it when I'm shopping!!

I find it hard to just sit still and do nothing as well....I have to be ''doing something'' most of the time. I get very anxious if I'm not passing the time in a constructive way...even if I'm watching TV or using the computer , I'll be doing something else at the same time.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

For a while I spent way to much time on my Laptop...so much so that I neglected some of my other responsibilities until the very last minute. Now I take care of my responsibilities first...and then if I have time to play online I do but I am still limiting the time I spend online as I don't want to fall back into that bad habit. :)

Bobby Cole and Cody Fousnaugh like this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yup, got a lot of bad habits but passing gas isn’t one of them. I’m not saying that I do not, it’s just not a BAD habit or any kind of habit for that matter.
    No matter how much one wishes to choose where and when they may relieve themselves of gas via flatulence, it may not always work out that way.
    I once tried to schedule myself to get the necessary bodily relief at precisely 1430 hrs on Saturdays in the middle of my back yard but much to my chagrin, the best I could do was in an elevator at city hall at lunch time on a Friday.

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby, again great and hilarious reply!

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, for some of us, the older we get the harder it is to hold that gas in until we can get to a private place to let it out. :p

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In our new PC world, wherever I am is called my space. If it is my space then it would be reasonable to say that it is private and if private it is a good place to let it rip.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well that certainly is a good way to make people move out of your space as fast as they can if that gas you have passed is "lethal smelling!" :p:eek:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

...."I have to be ''doing something'' most of the time."
    @Holly Saunders
    This trait is certainly good towards your own personal benefit. For most of my life, I was the same way, which may explain why I built all sorts of contraptions which took weeks to complete. One took 9 years!
    Frank

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing.png

Bobby Cole likes this.