Theories About Those Who Believe In Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Hoot Crawford, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

I was thinking about this on my morning walk, so decided to look for information in Google. A lot of folks are looking at the folks who believe in various conspiracy theories.

Here's a link to the article I though was pretty good:

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...le_who_claim_to_know_the_truth_about_jfk.html

And here's another:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/m...ple-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html?mcubz=3

Of course, these are just theories, and may be part of a larger conspiracy.

On an unrelated note, and this is no theory, but fact. I have seen irrefutable evidence that Obama was in fact born in Kenya. I can't show it here because the Clintons would have me either suicided or accidented. Just sayin'.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories - and lately they are getting on me nerves
    Lets stick with the facts Hoot - give me 'facts' ........................... :p

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You have me chuckling to myself, @Patsy Faye ! Since this sub-forum is specifically for people who DO believe in conspiracy theories and do want to discuss them, I am wondering why you are even looking at this thread, when the very idea "gets on your nerves" ?
    The basic premise of a conspiracy theory, is that it is only a theory, and not something that can be proven with just facts. It is just people who want to look at some of the evidence and draw a different conclusion than what we are being told is the right one.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Fascinating.

However, the fact that President Obama was born in Kenya is irrelevant. His mother was American and he was American because she was American.

I recommend that you find a good hiding place from the Clintons. :D

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

Beg yer puddin' - didn't know what part of the forum it was in
    I only look at titles of threads

@Yvonne Smith

6. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

Uh, Shirley & Patsy, I'm surprised you didn't feel that little tug on your leg..
    Have a nice day!

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Registered

I did but I thought it was a conspiracy. :D

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - you're a 'hoot' :p

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That's alright, I kind of liked the guy regardless where he was born. If he was born in Kenya, good on him, he pulled one over on us.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

That's how I always end up in the conspiracy forum. :)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha !

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I can understand that there can be a conspiracy occasionally but now days every single event is one..it's become a business of sorts in my opinion.

The sad part is if you cry wolf often enough, nobody will believe you when it's for real.

Most of the time I see no purpose for the conspiracy...what's the point??

Yes, the government doesn't tell us everything and I don't think it should.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  13. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

btw, leg-pulling aside, the links I gave provided some insight (I thought) into the type of folks who believe in conspiracy theories, and the one fact that surprised me is that people who believe in them usually believe in multiple, even contradictory theories. It's a mind set. And of course, the true believers also consider themselves superior to those folks who don't believe, because they "know" the "real truth" and the rest of us don't. But it is mostly all harmless, and some have used the phrase "mental masturbation" to describe it. {shrug}

Hoot the Poodle

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Although I'm the forums biggest skeptic and anti conspiracy theorist....my BP rises just reading in here, I ignore most of it because @Yvonne Smith is one of the nicest forum members on here and I don't want or like disagreeing with her. :)

Yvonne Smith and Hoot Crawford like this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Registered

Thank you, @Chrissy Cross , and I do try really hard not to push your buttons anymore, and i am really glad that we are friends again. Even though you and I see some things totally from opposite viewpoints, I believe that both of us are just trying our best to find out what the truth really is.
    Disagreeing sometimes helps us to see things that we might not see, or consider, otherwise, when it is done in a constructive way.
    It is when it degrades into personal insults, or insinuations , that it is offensive.

Possibly, @Ken Anderson could do the same thing that he does with the game section, and make it so that the conspiracy area does not show up in new post alerts ?
    Then, you and Patsy would not fall down the Rabbit Hole into Wonderland by surprise, and anyone who actually wants to discuss alternate news can just check that section of the forum.

16. Chrissy Cross

Registered

That might be a good idea. I always end up here by accident.

17. Shirley Martin

Registered

I knew you posted that tongue in cheek but I just had to take a little poke at the anti-Obama people. Don't get many opportunities like that. :D
    Not to sure about you hiding from the Clintons, though. :D

Patsy Faye and Hoot Crawford like this.
  18. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I guess I'm the 'odd man out', I like reading about theories and conspiracies, especially concerning history. The different conspiracies concerning the assassination of JFK comes to mind.

As a teenager, conspiracies taught me to think outside of the box. I learned to look below the surface of things. I also learned not to always believe what authoritative people said just because of their position.

Sometimes they even become good fodder for stories of thrilling mysteries. o_O

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Frank Sanoica, Bobby Cole and Admin like this.
  19. Yvonne Smith

Registered

I can't speak for all of the people who are called conspiracy theorists; but just for myself. What I want is just to find truth, regardless of what it turns out to be or how I find it.
    I do believe that the government gives us mis-information some of the time, but not all of the time, and the trick is to know the difference. I know that some things have to be kept secret, and I have no problem with the government doing that; but I do not like to be manipulated or lied to, thus I try to read and seek out truth.
    Some things that were kept covered up have actually come to light simply because there were people trying to find the truth, and then share it with other people.

20. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

There is also the fact that not everyone who enjoys discussing conspiracy theories believes them. Many times, I find the conspiracy theories to be just as improbable as the official story. In such cases, it might be true that I believe that there is a conspiracy, but I don't know what the truth of any of them are, and don't believe the theories either. For example, I am quite certain that we have been lied to in a big way about the World Trade Center buildings, but I don't necessarily believe that they were taken down by the CIA, the Israelis, or the Illuminati, nor do I believe that there were no planes. I don't know what happened. None of it makes any sense to me, and that includes the official story.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  21. Hugh Dowling

Hugh Dowling Member
    Registered

Perhaps one of the more plausible theories concerning THAT little episode was that it was established that there was a real likelihood that the WTC towers would be targeted in a terrorist attack, but no effective countermeasures were taken....because, such an attack, if it DID take place, could then be used as a pretext to invade Afghanistan...Everything went according to plan, of course...

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  22. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think theories and conspiracies are good mental tools. To me they mean you are working your brain. You don't necessarily have to believe them, but without them, we could not discover anything. They make us question the set rules. Medical research could not be developed without theories. Conspiracies are just different scenarios that could have happened, or not. A really good mystery will have many twists and turns, just like so many conspiracies do, but that doesn't mean I believe every story I read. But I do find them fun reading. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  23. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

With all due respect, calling the 9/11 tragedy "that little episode" is an insult to the thousands of innocent people who were the victims. Your comment speaks volumes about you and it isn't flattering

24. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

That is an opinion, and one that is perfectly acceptable.

But then you turned it into a personal attack.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  25. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Well-Known Member
    Registered

This should make things clearer Shirley ;
    [​IMG]