The Very Last News That I Wanted to Hear! (Panicking)

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Yvonne Smith, May 13, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am just reading a report about the Taliban attacking a guest house in Kabul. At least one American was killed in the attack, posible hostage situation, and one report said that an American woman has been injured.
    I have already been upset that my daughter has been there (almost three months now), and not coming home until at least July; now I am reading that she is at least in close proximity to where the attack took place.
    The article said that there was supposed to be musicians there, and a concert; so it is entirely possible that she might have gone to that hotel, even if it is not where she is staying.
    I have messaged her; but it is 3AM in Kabul, so even if she is fine, she is asleep.
    So (once again) , I ask for prayers from everyone who prays, please !

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/13/asia/afghanistan-kabul-hotel-siege/index.html

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Our prayers go out for your Daughter and for you.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

She is in my prayers. I know how you feel. My daughter is a staff sergeant in the Army and has done one tour in Kosovo, one in Iraq, one in Afghanistan, and is currently in the UAE, so I worry often.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Thank your for the prayers, Joe and Ken ! Robin was in the military until she retired for medical reasons; but now she works for a private contractor that does work for the military. They send her overseas ever now and then, and she really enjoys the traveling; but Afghanistan is just not a safe place to be. UAE is one of the places that Robin goes to as well, in Dubai. At least she is not in the Army any more; so hopefully, it is safer.

I sent a message to a friend that works for the same company, and Wendy said that she talked to my daughter earlier today; so it sounds like she is okay.
    It is almost morning over there; so i expect that she will be sending me a message herself pretty soon, too. (probably scold me for worrying....)

Edit to add : She woke up and messaged me. She is safe and doing fine. Thank you everyone for the prayers !

Last edited: May 14, 2015
    Allie Seay and Ken Anderson like this.
  5. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Yvonne! I am so happy that she is OK! I realize that is can be unnerving when a loved one is far from home. Every time something happens here in Thailand, the media blows it way out of proportion and then I get all kinds of emails from friends and family from the States wondering if I am OK.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

Having a loved one in any theatre of conflict is always a worrying time for family, so glad that all is well Yvonne

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for the update Yvonne!

Yvonne Smith likes this.