The Upcoming Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Kitty Carmel, May 14, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Let me guess...Wyoming?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Making fun of me again, hugh? Believe it or not, there are numerous towns and small cities in the U.S. that aren't diverse with races. There are areas in both Colorado and Wyoming where the demographics is 97% white. Sure doesn't leave much space for any other race. Idaho is huge on being darn near an "all white" state.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm done with you...you're on ignore.

Kitty Carmel likes this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Don't like what I post..........don't read the posts. But, it's all true. Go ahead and visits those states, you may just like one of them and want to move. LOL
    Anyway, only one thing left for me to say to you "ignoring" me...…….THANK YOU!!

5. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh I don't care who likes or doesn't like bi-racial marriages of any kind. As long as they don't bother people. The royal family is changing and that's a good thing. Like one commentator on one of the shows stated, a few years ago everything about the now married Meghan Markle would have disqualified her from the royal family. Now she's considered royalty. Progress should carry on.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Funny, but tabloid magazines are giving this marriage only 5 years, or even less. Another thing, not everyone likes "change", just ask many Seniors what they think about some things that have "changed" in their lifetime so far.

Thing is, the Prince is no longer a Prince. He had to come down in Royalty when he married this lady.

Anyway, we'll see what happens. You may not think anything about bi-racial marriages, but there are those that don't necessarily like them. Until we lived here in Florida, I had never seen a bi-racial couple or marriage. We've just never lived in an area where it happened. Can't blame us for that.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That's the way it 'is' when you're the Queen - certain protocol you know (or rather you don't)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Well if you take notice of 'them' - it explains a lot
    Its not gonna be easy for them with the crass comments I've come across BUT I believe them to be two strong individuals
    that will overcome the crass

Kitty Carmel and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Kitty Carmel

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh No one has to like change. There are things I don't like that change but things do and a marriage like the recent royal marriage is a good change. Who cares what the tabloids say. This kind of stuff is what they do. Didn't Prince William also get a new title with his marriage?

There are black people who don't like interracial marriages either. But it's all too bad. People can do as they please in that department.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think the royals are happy about her being bi-racial. I think they will tolerate her because they don't really have any other choice.

The ultimate irony is that Diana died to prevent her from marrying a man of colour and her son has forced them to accept a woman of colour into the fold. They can't very well have Harry killed.

11. Kitty Carmel

Registered

@Shirley Martin You think Diana was killed then, not just an accident? I'm not 100% sure either way though I lean toward accident since the driver was drunk. And they were essentially being chased by the paparazzi.

Personally I don't think the royals are upset about her ethnicity. Maybe I'm naïve about it. I just don't think they do care all that much.

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

Let's just say that I would advise Meghan to stay away from traffic tunnels.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I didn’t watch the wedding, and haven’t been reading any of the gossip about it either; but I did run across this “bad lip reading” video about the wedding.
    I thought it was pretty cute, and hope it gives everyone else a chuckle, too.

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Agree 100 per cent. I'm not a Royalist but I've come to like them more for their gracious attitude towards Meghan and her Mother
    Harry and Will are going to be a great team for the future of Royalty

Kitty Carmel and Chrissy Cross like this.