The United Methodist Church Has Started To Formally Spinter

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by John Brunner, Jul 6, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

And I read one interview with a UMC pastor in Indiana who claimed that the UMC had been disobedient to God because the church had not followed the laity through such societal changes...and that the church's not endorsing this specific sin is actually separating the church from God.

I wish I could find that quote in its entirety, but the UMC changed that section of its website in the past few weeks. I did find another commentary from a Korean UMC bishop who was lamenting why we would "fight over a word [homosexuality] that Jesus never mentioned." *sigh*

Marie Mallery likes this.
  2. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

No but the act of it is mentioned in both Testaments, I try to live and let live long as they leave thew children alone. Now they have gone after the children. I consider this to be another good example of "evil triumphing when good men do nothing." rich spoiled society's always degenerate before their fall.I think I said that right,now I'll just go scratch my bugs.:eek:.

John Houlihan and John Brunner like this.
  3. John Brunner

That certainly is not all (or most) gay people, but I don't read anything where God makes a distinction. But as you said, all of this is between each individual and God, until agendas get pushed.

John Houlihan and Marie Mallery like this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Registered

I find the verses later right now I'm just relaxing. I'd have to be without sin to judge them or anyone but I will do what I can to protect the kids. I have lots of young great grandkids from my 13 grand kids. I think its number 15 coming up. oldest is 13. They have enough to survive as it is without being led astray. My 35 y.o. grand is a lesbian but its not discussed or flaunted.

John Houlihan likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

When you find them, you'll learn that's not actually what it says. In context, it speaks against hypocrisy not against judging.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

We were talking about the verses on homosexuality. But I agree your correct about judging.

7. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Organized Religion, I want none of it. My neighbor's father was a methodist minister and he incested her and she believes her sister too. My friend has spent last 15+ yrs in her apt with her bibles.

The only so called religion that makes sense to me is: Religious Science.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Blase Bonpane, who left the Catholic church as a priest. I own his book: Imagine No Religion. .

8. Marie Mallery

Registered

Most of the molesters are priest, celibacy is not human.
    I don't think there are that many pastors who molest, but like all others they too are human and can be guilty of all kinds of evil. Women are less inclined, but they too can be molester's.

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is a misconception, @Marie Mallery. The most frequent molesters are public school teachers, as those who do such things are drawn to professions that enable it. Priests have drawn the most attention, but that is because the Catholic Church is a big money target and easier to sue than any government entity. There was a "Priest Network" I think that ran out of Pittsburgh, and one in Boston also. The majority of priests I know are honorable men. The second biggest molesters were scout leaders and that contributed to the bankruptcy of the once wonderful BSA organization. If you have followed the escapades of NAMBLA, you will see where these people go.

Ken Anderson and Marie Mallery like this.
  10. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I can recall an encounter with a jr high school teacher. I stopped it right away.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Without my having any data either way, do you believe this to be true, or do you think the organization became a target because it was for young males? I guess you believe it or you wouldn't have said it, so maybe the more appropriate questions is "Why?"

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Marie Mallery

Registered

The Scouts are one of the biggest, of course it would be a magnet for those type of men.

13. Ken Anderson

Wrong. Far more children have been molested by school teachers. The misconception (lie) that most child molesters are from religious institutions is a part of the attack against religion, while teachers are a protected class. As far as the Boy Scouts go, they certainly should be held to a large portion of the blame but the greatest amount of inappropriate behavior took place after the Boy Scouts finally yielded to a barrage of lawsuits from people fighting the organization's former ban on homosexuality and other sexual deviations. Unable to control who could become a scout leader, the next round of attacks came from what these scout leaders did, which is not to say that there were no problems previously.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Marie Mallery

Registered

The Catholic religion is one of the few who are not allowed to have normal natural sex so maybe that is why so many do this. Schools do have their predators too. As does society in general.
    I'm not a fan of The Roman Catholic Church seeing how they almost a century they have infiltrating our nation with illegals.
    They also invented Islam. But nobody will discuss or debate it when I've put up proof.although, not trying to start up that subject.

15. Ken Anderson

That's good because you probably wouldn't get very far with it, given the history of the Crusades.

Don Alaska and Marie Mallery like this.