The Truth About Trump

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Shirley Martin, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The big story right now is that D. Trump is predicting his own arrest on Tuesday and with that is also calling for protests if his prediction comes true.

Beyond the bad idea of people actually protesting, it’s a chess game. If he IS arrested, he becomes a martyr of sorts and if he isn’t arrested it will make the Dems look weak.
    If he gets arrested, just the outward appearance of the United States becoming a Banana Republic by imprisoning dissenting political opponents would cause some serious damage to the Democratic party.

I just hope that no matter what happens, people try to keep a cool head. Even though it is well known that Conservatives rarely protest with any major degree of violence, there’s always one hot-head in the bunch.
    Of course, no matter what happens, there’s nothing preventing some phony ne’er do wells from throwing on the MAGA hats and creating dissent like they did on Jan. 6.

2. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My first reaction to this latest brouhaha was that Trump was being offered another trap to fall into and it appears he did. If he's not arrested tomorrow, and I didn't think he would be; then Trump appears the fool, but the threat, vacuous charges and specter of J6-like demonstrations all linger in the air like a big fart in a small elevator.

If Trump is arrested tomorrow, whatever protests erupt will likely be played up or promoted as riotous acts by half-crazed nazis and miscreants as happened with the J6 event. It does seem easy to gin up the QAnon loony tunes. You remember them, they were the "Trust Sessions" and "Trust Trump's Plan" crowd. I always wondered of the Q crap was a false flag operation,.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
    Don Alaska, Ed Wilson and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

One of my initial reactions to the news was to question how they will fit DT into a cell with a half dozen Secret Service agents to make sure a Hillary Clinton doesn’t happen.
    Yeah, I know. Sometimes my sense of humor takes a weird turn now and then.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The warrant is not a federal thing, it is a state warrant, and as long as Trump is in Florida, they can’t touch him unless the governor decides to extradite Trump. This would be a very poor move for DeSantis to make.
    Unless something else is going on, or Trump turned himself in, basically volunteering to be arrested, I think it is not likely to happen.
    Nevertheless, there are photoshopped pictures on the internet of the police dragging Donald Trump forcibly to jail, even though none of that has happened yet.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

"Even though it is well known that Conservatives rarely protest with any major degree of violence, there’s always one hot-head FBI agent in the bunch."

6. John West

Registered

It seems reasonable to think the DeSantis is neither stupid nor out to get Trump. He was smart to take a "wait and see" approach to the rumor and gather information before weighing in. If Trump wants to get reelected, he needs to shut up and focus on the only thing that should matter - winning the Electoral College in the national general election. Trump needs mature, self-control and focus to run a disciplined campaign. A bunch of rallies are not a disciplined campaign.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023
  7. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It's all about Trump taking on the swamp and the swamp fighting back. Probably more importantly though, it's about distracting the public from Hunter and the Biden crime family.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I agree with you John but that just wouldn’t be D. Trump. He’s outspoken, cocky to the point of arrogance, there’s only a few of his speeches I like and I don’t particularly like his off color language and a few other things but, he is good for this country and he keeps his promises to help better the country.

Other than all that, he’s a man of a few firsts so far as his life in politics go so why not push to be the first president to be arrested?

9. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

People hate criminals, I see a whole nest of them in the NY AG office. It has always been that way in NY from the very beginning. If Trump is not on the ballot I am not wasting my time with any of these other self serving A-Holes who are career thieves just like biden. A lot of republicans just haven't been caught yet, or targeted by the other group of seditious trash. A large errant meteor strike ground zero would be fitting for today's bunch of liars and you can bet that most of them are just as guilty as Trump if this is all that NY AG can come up with. Congress was using our dollars to pay off their sexual targets until recently when the news came out. You know we have hit rock bottom when our own congress takes our tax dollars to buy off a warrant for sexual predator charges or worse. I have no respect for any of them. I said before I would love to live until I reach 100 just so I can see all these people go to hell one by one.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

From what I now read, Trump announcing his own arrest took the wind out of the NY Dem's plan, just as announcing the Mar Lago raid before they could couch the story in the government's terms. The NY DA had passed on this "crime" but the Progressives in NY pressured him into trying it. Word I got now is that Trump's arrest has been postponed while they try to come up with a way to take a foolish case and make it into something they can yet use. I think Trump wants this arrest so he can become a victim of yet another political investigation where no real crime occurred. Anything he did certainly was no worse than Clinton having sex in the Oval Office then perjuring himself over it. To Dems that was just his personal business.

11. John West

Registered

Trump needs to decide if he wants to be a loose-mouth cannon or adult-acting president. It takes 270 electoral votes to win. When you take a hard look at the states, it just doesn't look good for Trump. Things were different in 2016. He was more likeable than Hillary and squeaked by her. Since then there have been some significant electoral shifts coupled with the fact that a good bit of the republican and independent voters are just tired of his egocentric antics.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes.

13. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

A persons record, not his/her personality are what I vote for. If by chance I don't know anything about someone's record, I'll find out before I vote. Trump's record of what he's done for America is clear to me. The only other one at this point that their record in what they've accomplished, would be DeSantis for me.

14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

There’s something I’m just not understanding about the S. Danial’s “hush money”.
    What the heck is different from hush money and an NDA (non disclosure agreement)?

There isn’t a major corporation out there that doesn’t make their executives and their staff sign a NDA and for that they get whatever perks that was guaranteed. If they open their mouths about anything associated with the business they lose everything and can face a law suit ruining their lives.
    It’s nothing more than legalized hush money.

I remember years back when Woolworth’s would make their baking staff sign an NDA so they wouldn’t reveal any recipes. If the baker wouldn’t sign, they didn’t get a job.

15. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Bobby, it's all because that corrupt DA in NYC isn't happy with his lack of recognition on the positive side. He's a twisted malcontent.