The Train

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bill Boggs, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.

As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of your life. Many will step down and leave a permanent vacuum. Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize they vacated their seats.

This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells. Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.

The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down. So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are. It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty, we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you a joyful journey on the train of life. Reap success and give lots of love. More importantly, thank God for the journey.

Lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train.
    **************************************************************************************************************

This was a keeper among all my junk mail.

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

This such a sweet and touching analogy of life.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, a very good dress up of life as pictured in a train. I also think of life as a travel like in a bus or maybe train is more comfortable for you. But anyway, a bus has so many travails like a reckless driver speeding in the highway or weaving in heavy traffic - that would partly give you the thrill but the risk is high. In the country road, the trip is smooth and constant with no interruption but it is boring to some and in fact really boring that it is better to sleep until you reach the destination. So maybe life is full of random events because if we can predict everything that would happen then life will be boring and not worth to live for.