The Tide Is Turning

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joe Riley, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I was watching a Christian channel on TV at lunch time today, and heard a preacher talking about how our Country is changing in this New Year. I didn't catch his name, but he read from Psalm 118:5-16, from The Message Bible, no less, which made my ears perk up. He prophesied that "The tide is changing", in America.

Psalm 118
    5 Pushed to the wall, I called to God; from the wide open spaces, he answered. 6 God's now at my side and I'm not afraid; who would dare lay a hand on me? 7 God's my strong champion; I flick off my enemies like flies. 8 Far better to take refuge in God than trust in people; 9 Far better to take refuge in God than trust in celebrities. 10 Hemmed in by barbarians, in God's name I rubbed their faces in the dirt; 11 Hemmed in and with no way out, in God's name I rubbed their faces in the dirt; 12 Like swarming bees, like wild prairie fire, they hemmed me in; in God's name I rubbed their faces in the dirt. 13 I was right on the cliff-edge, ready to fall, when God grabbed and held me. 14 God's my strength, he's also my song, and now he's my salvation. 15 Hear the shouts, hear the triumph songs in the camp of the saved? "The hand of God has turned the tide! 16 The hand of God is raised in victory! The hand of God has turned the tide!"