The Terminator Is Almost Real !

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Watch this video about a new robot that is being designed for production. It is amazing how far they have advanced from little things like "Roomba" the vacuum cleaner robot. We already have some of the fast-food places that have automated service, and it might not be too long before basic manual jobs could be taken over by trained robots such as this fellow. He kind of reminds me of 3-CPIO from Star Wars, but I think that he had a much friendlier appearance than this one does.

The days of a real Terminator type of robot are getting much closer to happening.
    What do you think...........scary, or a wonderful invention ?

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Boy it slips and buckles just like I do:eek: but I can't get up that fast.:oops: I wouldn't blame it for walking off the job. The real Terminator would have taken that stick and whacked him across the warehouse.:eek:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

What's next....Robo-Crook?:eek:
    [​IMG]

Von Jones likes this.
  4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

The vid is fantastic! Can a url be copied out of the forum? I have not tried that. My Engineer buddies would love to see the scenes in the snow, where each step taken provides a slightly different "reading" for the walking effort. The number of sensors used resulting in such variety of motions must be quite high. Thank you for sharing this! Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The video is one that is on YouTube; so there is no reason that you can't copy it, @Frank Sanoica . I found it on Facebook on one of the pages that I read there, and looked it up on YouTube so I could post it here on the forum for everyone to see.
    You can either just copy this link, or do what I did, which was a YouTube search for "atlas robot", and it comes right up.
    Also, if you do that search, there are several other interesting videos about the robot; so you might find one that you liked even better if you check them all out.