The Splinter Group

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Joe Riley, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I am a card-carrying member of The Splinter Group. I have always been pretty good at getting splinters in....and out of my hands. ...until lately.

After working on the front porch, and handling a lot of pressure treated lumber, I noticed that two of my fingers were hurting me when I bent them. After a closer look, I found a micro sized splinter in the first joint of one of my fingers, (1 on each hand). I tried the tweezers, and digging at them. That didn't work, it only aggravated them more.

So, after checking on-line, I found a link on "clever fixes". One is on removing micro-sized splinters.
    Splinter-stuffed hands
    [​IMG]
    "A simple tweezer session might free your hands of wood slivers, but sometimes they're just too tiny, or too many, to try and remove with micro-surgery. If you're looking for a fix, try applying some glue to the afflicted skin, then peel it off to take the splinters with it. That's one of the more powerful splinter fixes, but you might be able to get away with a banana peel or bath and pumice stone to pull out those ugly little remainders of your latest wood project". Photo by furryscaly.

These almost invisible splinters, were in the palm side of the first knuckle joint. When I bent my fingers, I could feel them. So I got out the bath pumice stone, and gently and lightly, "sanded" away the layer of skin, until the opening was showing, without the splinter. Success! Pretty clever fix, I thought! ;)

art-carpenter-woodworker-carpentry-woodworks-whittlers-tmcn3322_low.jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Chrissy Cross and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

My search found another "Splinter Group" ....Splinter is the name of the Teen-age Mutant Ninji Turtle's trainer/Step-dad.

"Doesn't mean he's not an awesome Step-Dad. Splinter is the kind of Dad who doesn't really exist in real life, being a huge mutated rat and all".
    [​IMG]

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered