The Sexual Misery Of The Arab World

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Bonnie Thomas and Terry Page like this.
  2. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

So strange to read that .. perhaps an exorcism of sorts is needed for people entering Western culture.. but then again, it's a hornet nest that should have never come to be.

from the article:
    But today, with the latest influx of migrants from the Middle East and Africa, the pathological relationship that some Arab countries have with women is bursting onto the scene in Europe.

What long seemed like the foreign spectacles of faraway places now feels like a clash of cultures playing out on the West’s very soil.

Sad situation.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    Ruby Begonia and Terry Page like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I was in Tunisia in 1999, I went with a group of Hungarian friends for a week when I lived in Hungary. It was cheap, I think the whole week with airfare was $600 and that included food and tours and 5 star accommodations.

One thing that really hit me as odd then was that I never saw any women out at the restaurants or outside cafes, only the men. They would be out there drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes and talking all afternoon. I assume the women were at home cooking and cleaning. Not once did I see a couple sitting out and enjoying a meal together.

Also, being blonde I was constantly being looked at suggestively and even had kisses blown at me when the tour bus would be at a stop light. I actually liked all the attention but I think if I was alone and met some of these men on the street at night it could have turned ugly.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  4. Diane Lane

Registered

That sounds scary, @Chrissy Page. You're probably right about being alone. I have no desire to go any place like that. The societies are very slanted in favor of males, particularly certain types of males. I have a feeling many American males wouldn't fare well there, either. Any society that thinks women shouldn't vote or drive, or where a woman needs 4 men to back up her allegations of rape is out of the running as a place for me to visit or live.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"People in the West are discovering, with anxiety and fear, that sex in the Muslim world is sick, and that the disease is spreading to their own lands."

I must fault the last sentence of the writer. First, and maybe most important, the West has no business "grandstanding" and "soapbox denouncing" the principles of another Culture. Once the West successfully cleanses it's own Culture of the multitude of divisiveness and impropriety in it's own "backyard", then it may reasonably look elsewhere.

Second, what "disease" is spreading to the Western Culture"?

The writer seemed to lack a definitive conclusion to the article. Just MO.

6. Diane Lane

Registered

It's not really an article, it's an opinion piece. I've rarely seen opinion pieces that follow the rules of article writing, unless they're written by professionals. I was surprised to see it in the New York Times, since they tend to lean left.