The Running Of The Goats

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Diane Lane, May 9, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Something tells me an amateur organized this event. At one point, I organized Summer festivals for the city I lived in, and it took a lot of forethought, research, organization, and hard work. I think next time, they'll plan this event out better. Hopefully they'll have a post-event meeting and discuss what went wrong, and how to make the event more effective and enjoyable for all next time. I'm glad none of the goats (or drivers/pedestrians) were injured. http://abc13.com/pets/goats-go-rogue-and-run-through-farmers-market/1329661/

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is seriously funny, @Diane Lane ! ! You are right, they did not plan that whole thing very well at all, and the goats didn't seem to be very tame ones either.
    All goats are great escapists, and these were certainly no exception. When they saw the first one escape, that was all it took, and goats will crash through just about anything to get where they want to go.
    I noticed that they all had tags in their ears; so they must have come either from a sales auction, or maybe a large farm that was raising goats.
    I am guessing that they do not try the goat-walking idea again next year.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Very funny Diane.:D...my daughter lives on a mountain and hundreds of goats are herded on there twice a day....they will go where they like, they climb up onto the roofs of houses, up to the top of trees... seriously amazing where they can go..., it takes a well trained goatherd to keep them all reined in...

Yvonne Smith likes this.