The Queen

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I was watching news about Trump over there in the UK. Noticeable difference in The Queens walking and stance. Granted she is up in years, but was surprised at the difference from just last year or even a few months ago.
    Is this just me or has anyone else noticed the difference? UK buddies, what do you think?

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Not a UK-buddy but it struck me, too.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

She's ninety-three and she looks great. The visit seems to be going well. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Well Gloria, my stance and walking ability isn't so great either and I'm not 93 :p
    I think you notice more because you don't see her so often, although you could just wake up one day and walk
    like John Wayne, I hope you don't but - who knows ……… what can stop that tide from turning, what can keep us
    upright on our pins - no good asking me …….. :p

Emma Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I hadn't noticed. I always think she's amazing, especially for 93.

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I see the Queen all the time, rarely a week goes by... and I'm constantly saying how fabulous she looks in body and mind.... At 93 she's lost a lot of height which is to be expected.. but in the last little while her head and shoulders have become noticeably more bent. Don't know if she has some arthritis there, or osteoporosis , but whatever I hope she's not in too much pain, and given the look of her and her heavy workload ( this last week her schedule has been very heavy)...

here's some comparative photos...

The Queen & Princess Anne, once almost the same height...

99198214a3b875849e436e7558b65947.jpg queen-elizabeth2.jpg

2 years ago, a predictable loss of height, but still very erect....... queen at 91 & PA at 68 years old..

Princess-Anne-Queen-Elizabeth-II-2017.jpg

One week ago... with Catherine Duchess of Cambridge... more noticeably slightly bent shoulder and neck position...

[​IMG]

It's very possible that she is just being very careful and not wanting to trip, ( I remember a few months ago she had quite severe bruising to her legs so she may have tripped at home) and therefore has adopted a more downward look..where we're all used to her walking upright and erect and looking everyone in the eye...!!

As long as she's not in pain..I'm happy to have her be our Queen for the next millennium if it were possible.

She's quite simply beautiful, young or old.....

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't care about the queen that much, she' s lived a pampered life. I'm sure she never scrubbed a floor. My mom was a queen in my life and she worked hard....didn't live as long as queen is going but early 90's.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  9. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I always thought the queen and my mother looked a lot alike, especially when the queen wore glasses. The older they got the more they looked alike, except my mom's hair never turned completely gray and she always kept her hair shorter.

[​IMG]
    m1.jpg

10. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

The queen of England has been on the throne for 65 years.
    She still has duties that she carries out daily, at her age.
    The word, "pampered" does not in any way describe her.

The public knows what she chooses for them to know about her life, not personal and painful things - things absolutely everyone endures at some point.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Actually 66 years Emma... :D...2nd june 1953... she became Queen when my mother was still a teenager!!

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Joy Martin - would you really liked to have walked in her shoes ?
    Your life mapped out - having to travel here there and everywhere when you really don't feel like it
    To be in constant view of the public and scrutinised daily
    Sure the pay is good, but so it is for 'celebrities' who do very little to earn a crust
    No - admiration is warranted, as she has done a marvellous job - well deserved admiration

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Of course you have no reason to care about our Queen, why would you?... she's never been the Monarch of your country, and you would no more care for her than any Monarch of any other country I suspect, I understand that totally!!... and even more so to think of your own hard working mother as a Queen , makes more sense!!!...just as I would think of my own mother as more of a Personal Queen to me...

Not everyone in this country or all of the Commonwealth countries where the Queen also rules, are Royalists or fans at all... but millions are and I am.. she's been a constant in my life!! As I said previously, she's been the MOnarch since before I was born, and since my mother was a teenager!!... I've met her on 2 occasions and my husband has worked with the Royal family on several occasions including with prince Philip & the Queen Mother ( with not for)....and to me if I live long enough to see it.. it will be the very saddest day when she passes...

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

The queen and Melania looked lovely today

[​IMG]

15. Patsy Faye

Registered