The Present Pop Scene

Discussion in 'Music' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

How right you are Frank. Ideally though, money spent on anything other than what it is earmarked for should loom directly in front of an oversight committee which should serve as the very sword of Damocles over the heads of those who are spending it.
    That said, the taxpayer money that is spent for abortions is being budgeted for that use when in my somewhat opinionated brain, should not have been budgeted to begin with.

And let’s face the facts. Under the Reagan administration, we stopped paying for the results of people getting hooked on drugs and/ or alcohol. No more checks going out to those with drug or alcohol related addictions.
    Why should we then, have to pay for the results of someone’s night (or day) of sexual exploitation’s? Make them pay for their happy time.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They claim that every woman should have access to an abortion and that this is a right guaranteed under the Constitution. However, while the Constitution says nothing about abortion, there is a whole Amendment about a person's right to a firearm, yet we have to pay for them ourselves, and they want to deny us even that right. By any argument that would have the taxpayers paying for someone's abortion, the taxpayers should have to pay for my guns and ammunition.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Duped is condescending and so are you, Ken. One way to turn me off is by boring me with paragraphs of inane prose, upon which you rarely fail to oblige. I was there at the very beginning, you were not. You really have no idea who you are talking to, or in the circles I moved.

"If you think the abortion lobby and the political push for abortions is about a woman's right to choose, you have indeed been duped. The people behind it couldn't care less about you or your body, except that they can control it."

ROFL. Women don't need the caring, they need the choice. The control freak is YOU.

4. Ken Anderson

I'm sure it was voluntary on your part.

And babies need to be fed, kept warm, and loved, not torn to shreds by an abortionist.

5. Lulu Moppet

Registered

As I'm sure it was napoleonic on yours. Don't forget, YOU started the ad hominem,

6. Ken Anderson

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Since the facts weren't at all on your side, you were either duped or you were lying. I suppose it's possible that you're living in an alternate reality, but none of these possibilities are particularly complimentary. Given that you are clearly unable to discuss the issue with anyone who isn't willing to give in to you, I will no longer participate. If I can't tell you that you're wrong when you're wrong without you considering it to be an attack, I have nothing more to say on the subject.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Priceless!

The 'I'm right and you're not' school of reasoning! How mature! Reminds me of that old French medieval colloquialism............oh, what was it.............you know.............Nana le Poo Poo.

I don't feel under attack by anyone here. You see, I think you are right. For you and yours. The problem comes with your need to control because of your personal beliefs.

And now I say Adieu!

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Lulu Moppet @Ken Anderson I am personally relieved, not that it matters in the least, that the two of you have relieved, finally, the thread of this two-sided confrontation of which I had earlier been a part, albeit in context other than abortion. I certainly know little about the politics of the abortion issue, but suspect deep inside that, as with many governmental intrusions into our "freedoms", many considerations must be valid for thinking the gov ought to "butt-out".

So much for my involvement!
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.