The Place, The Setting, The Meal

Discussion in 'Restaurant Reviews' started by John West, Jun 11, 2022.

1. John West

John West Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Most evenings, dinner is whatever I cook. which is usually something with meat and vegetables. We seldom go out to eat, which is maybe 1 or two times a year for some special occasion. Our favorite once-a-year place used to be Cafe Budapest in downtown Boston back when I was still working; however, it close so long ago that I don't remember when,
    That said, we've a new favorite place, one that is about as good as it gets and it is out in the middle of nowhere.

[​IMG]

This old mansion in the woods, is now a B&B that opens as a limited-seating, reservations-only evening restaurant open just a few nights a week. There are choices on where to eat - the veranda, the bar room, the dining room or the back porch. We like the porch.

[​IMG]

As for the meal, I don't know how it could be any better and I say that having eaten at some of the finest restaurants here and in Europe (back as manger of international marking entertaining clients).

[​IMG]

I dislike broccoli but the portion of broccoli salad on the side was beyond delicious. The steak, mushrooms and vegetables were cooked to perfection, If you are ever near central MA on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday evening, consider making a reservation at Clamber Hill, which is a small operation in a big house manned by a husband and wife team. It won't be cheap but it will be very good.

Note: I have no affiliate with or interests in Clamber Hill. It's just our new, once-a-year place to dine.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The B&B looks beautiful, and your meal looks delicious as well!

Tony Page and John West like this.