The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit of my day: Just getting a message from my daughter that our 1 year old grandson has strep throat and bronchitis. Poor baby!

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all... well as it turns out..the funeral has been delayed until Dec ... I have no idea as to why.
    Hope you get well soon :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell, I do feel for you. I remember when my FIL died. It seemed to hit Michael so hard, as he felt there were so many things he thought he should haved shared with his father that he kept putting off.

Maybe this delay will give your hubby some space to adjust to his loss before he has to face all the people he will see at the funeral. For my Michael, it was the people he hadn’t seen in many years, that he struggled with the most. He learned so many things about his father that he had never heard of before.

Hugs to you, and I’ll keep both of you in my prayers.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Peak ... Everyone that came to me for this holiday let me know just how much it means to them that I’m back in my place as the family cook.

Pit ... I sent Thanksgiving greeting to the other side of my family to let them know I was thinking of them. I got one reply back, and it was a text that said ... “I’m sure you and your’s are doing fine”. Hmmm

Oh well, I guess the old saying that starts out, “You can please some of the people some of the time”... is still true.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Pit Pit and more pits... In order to drive safely to Beaumont for the funeral....checking out the car...had to charge two new tires. Then had to have oil change. Then we have to buy dress pants as hubby has gained weight. The suit has been hanging in closet since 2005 or 2009 at least.
    We least have free place to spend the night there..that is the only peak.
    Just wasted $10 on some chicken sausage that looked and tasted revolting.
    Geez ate ice cream for dinner..
    Peak:D

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Wow don't they sound like lovely people:)

7. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

They seem to think so @Gloria Mitchell. The problem is that two of them are a granddaughter and grandson. I help raise them, and I do miss them very much. I know I should let them go. It’s just hard to do. :(

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Just saw this @Gloria Mitchell ....my condolences to everyone ..especially your hubby.

Hedi Mitchell and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak for today: Instead of paying $35 per month for my Internet Hot Spot usage...we will now pay only $10 per month for that same usage. :)

Pit for today: Our youngest grandson is having a really hard time with his strep throat and bronchitis today. :(

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: going out for brunch with daughter and grandsons, SIL is golfing :)

Then driving to San Luis Obispo to drop off oldest gs at Cal Poly.

Pit: I'm stuffed from last nights dinner out.
    Also..it will be a crappy drive since it's supposed to rain an dthe roads will be super crowded...2 hr drive each way.

Won't miss grandson as he's coming back dec 8 already...end of semester..has a month off almost.

Pit for him is that it's FINALs week. Practically studied and slept his whole thanksgiving break.

11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

My Peak : Glorious sunny day although only 3 degrees...but hubs had today off, and as I've not been able to get out much recently we took this chance to gte a few things done, and enjoy the sunshine. ..even though I knew that due to the black friday sales which go on all w/e.. the traffic would be unusually heavy for a Sunday (and it was).. however, we left before the shops opened, and got to the chairty shop just as the doors opened and dropped off 3 big saks of really good quality clothing and some almost new backpacks, the woman in the shop was over the moon , she said we'll get these things tagged an out straight away because they will sell immediately.. We drove to the next town to get Aldi's..OMG..you would have though it was Chritmas eve, there was so many people in there and it had only been open for 30 minutes..some people were already at the tills with 2 full trolleys EACH!!...so we left and drove to another more expensive but much more quiet supermarket and did all the grocery shopping..super fast because knowing everyone was in the shops at the sales we decided to make the most of the sunshine and go and walk around the nature park...oooh it was just glorious, soo quiet in the sun and just nature...birds and us..and the odd few cyclists.. and it helped ease up the pain in my back from sitting all week....then we left as the sun started to go in around 2.30pm and had Sunday lunch in the pub ( sorry long Peak)>.. :D...

Pit of the day... I hate to say it...but the lunch wasn't very nice..maybe they had a different chef than usual, but the veggies weren't cooked properly, the gammon was so salty it was inedible... so I didn't eat much. However...hubs had Sea bass and veggies , in a champagne and lemon sauce..which he really enjoyed..so not a total PIT...

here's a couple of photos from my nature park walk...

[​IMG]

This nature park has several lakes and in one lake there's blue / green algae and although hazardous to humans fish and dogs.. the Canada geese and the Swans chomp the weeds below ..all day... it's such a stunning sight...

Mallards in a purer part of the lake
    [​IMG]

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello everyone, haven't read the whole of this thread - lovely idea :) I've been reading books .......
    I'm feeling brighter and more hopeful regarding my health issue, so hope to see more of you all xx

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:):)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm delighted things are starting to look up for you a little better @Patsy Faye ..can you send a little bit this way please... ;):D

Patsy Faye and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

24171533_10154827554281207_990186499_n.jpg
    Peak for today: Our extended family has grown by two. Twins Noah and Elijah have come into the World safely this morning and both boys and Mom are doing fine. :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017