The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I had that happen once long time ago;)

2. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

My life in general has been a Pit for almost a month. Grown kid , and her kid moves back in while they regroup after going through some abuse. Sigh.a nightmare in many ways here.
    The Peak is I am still alive and kicking and I am handling All this Friggen mess ...With no Cigarettes people ! I have not resorted to booze yet...but has crossed me mind :)

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The peak of my day: That shortened long story I mentioned well here it is. At the time I ordered my glasses I did mentioned a tint over the transitions but I didn't order any tint. The error on my receipt checks the tint off though. So I was puzzled because I didn't recall selecting a tint so - why was I charged for it? Well apparently the assistant used an old form and forgot to cross off 'tint' and write in 'poly' something. She apologized and I said I understand we all make mistakes. She said I could get the tint but it would add to the cost and the lenses would have to be remade. Not what I wanted to hear since I waited a week already. So I picked up a pair of those solar shades that fit my new eyeglasses. :)

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My days have been fairly routine lately and I'm not complaining!! :D I just got all the ingredients into the crock pot and dinner is simmering away for later. It's looking like rain (again) so it'll be a good afternoon to cozy up with a book and be a slug.

Bess Barber and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh what a PITA @Von Jones , I hope you don't have to wait long for them to be done!

Pit :...Dentist this afternoon..painful injections...Yuck!!..

Pit : had to get all the grocery shopping in..I hate that job particularly on a Friday when it's so busy...

Peak :... got home while the sun was still shining, and only minutes indoors when the torrential rain started.. Close shave LOL

Peak :..Bought 2 fresh cream toffee meringues from the Bakery... I may have one tonight... :D:p

Don Alaska and Von Jones like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit......took the Durango into Goodyear Auto Service for A/C check and "thumping" type noise in the front end. Didn't feel like the A/C was blowing out enough cold air and the "thumping" noise was only intermittent.

Peak.....no leaks in A/C, but was down 1/2 pound of Freon. Goodyear gave us a ride home in their Store truck and came back and got us when Durango was ready. We told them we only had the one vehicle now and no way to get home or back. It would've been a 6 hour wait in their Waiting Area. We've had work done on the Durango there and all tires we have came from them. IOW, THANKS, Goodyear!

Pit...….had to replace front end right/left ball joints, stabilizer links and right/left lower control arms. Bushings were in very, very bad shape.

Biggest Pit...……..$1,124 repair!

Peak...….now have nice cold air blowing out of A/C and nice/tight front end when driving and turning.

Next, before moving……..another alignment (free w/3-program we are in with them), tire rotation, headlights cleaned (local Market/Swap Meet) and new battery put into vehicle remote (unlock/lock/alarm/emergency sound), put in new air filter and check all fluids.

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit :...after walking on the flat in an apartment for the last 2 weeks , my dodgy knee has been almost pain free, and only had to wear the brace once. ( although I did avid walking up and down the mountain)...4 days back and my knee is giving me gyp, because of having to go up and downstairs at home so much!!

Little peak:... hubs last day at home before returning to work tomorrow, so we booked my car in to get the brakes sorted where they seemed to be grinding after it sat for a couple of weeks .. and then went for a walk around the lakes near our home, to try and ease the knee , and it helped a little... .

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Maybe you need to invest in the Lift...so you don't have to climb stairs:)?

9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Yes you had a very Pits day for sure !

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Peak... Glorious sunny hot day!!

Peak: Had my my car renewal, and given I have no claims and do very little mileage a year (under 5,000) I was stunned at the rise in the premium so..I had a little search around and got like for like, plus some added extras for £300 less PA... !! What a difference !! It really doesn't pay to be loyal to any company!!

Pit. : We have new neighbours... and they have 2 children who are completely out of control. The screaming while playing in the garden goes unchecked by the mother from the time they get home from school at 3pm until they go to bed at around 10pm is unbelievable.!! How on earth can 2 children..plus friends sometimes ,sound like a whole playground of kids rather than just 2..?

It means my garden is really out of bounds when they're home.
    The parents have installed a very large Plunge pool, and the kids have their friends there today too...OOOOh my ears!! I have to keep my windows closed. I know kids will be kids, we've had various families and children next door growing up over the last 40 years ..and the noise has been nothing like this ever!!!:(

Bess Barber likes this.
  11. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders, you would think that loyalty to companies we so loyally pay premiums to would recoginize it. I know I was with an auto insurance company for several years and the last premium increase was so much higher that I HAD to switch. The sad part is I had full coverage and any claim that was filed was because of the other party's fault. Afterward I kept getting offers of new products/services from them, really? I often wondered why people would switch so often I know now.

Sorry to hear about the new neighbors. Sounds like they've been settled in a while now to know what you have to tolerate; make changes in your routine just because and definitely having to close your windows.

Bess Barber and Holly Saunders like this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Registered

I know Von...I had the same , full coverage, No Claims, No claims discount etc... been with them 14 years... . very annoying they can take advantage of loyal customers like that, yet if you're signing up as a new customer you get a lower rate!!

I could have called them to ask to match the much lower quote I got, and they probably would have, but I was so annoyed that they had the audacity to raise my premiums by so much and expect me to pay without question, I didn't give them a chance , I just switched to the other company

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

@Holly Saunders - I almost changed again myself. But worked it out and got price lowered to a more affordable rate.
    Sorry about the noisey kids...but it is better than them fussing cussing and fighting.:)

Von Jones and Holly Saunders like this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

It's true, but it's so annoying. :(

15. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Holly Saunders sorry to hear that your knee is acting up upon your return to your regular life. My knees are starting to give me trouble too, even though I am actually losing weight and am quite active. I can empathize with you on the children issue. We had nice quiet neighbors across the lake who were ideal. The husband became disabled and could no longer live out in the boonies, so they rented the house to a strange family. The kids aren't there all the time, but when they are, there is music blasting across the water and screaming kids everywhere. They have cleaned up some of their junk, so perhaps they are going to relocate.

Holly Saunders likes this.