The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A fairly good day I suppose.
    I finished laying the kitchen floor, made a couple of trips to the hardware store, washed the truck, washed the dogs beds, vacuumed the floors and even got in 2 half hour workout sessions in our home gym.

hmmm........maybe I’ll wash the bed sheets and comforter. Dunno, I still have 6 hours before I think about bed.
    Oh yeah, I could go back to my shop and finish laminating 63 chair backs for a restaurant or mow the lawn or......

Yep, that kind of a day....Tomorrow I get to cut tree limbs and stuff.........

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes, did that Yvonne.. but it's just dead...completely dead.!! Hubs got home and tried a few techi things but it's not even attempting to open or start or charge or anything at all.. .. he can't even get in to it to wipe it before sending it off to be repaired, which is annoying, so he's just removed the Sim Card and put it into my old Iphone, which thankfully I hadn't sold yet... so at least now I have a phone..

Von Jones and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Exactly five miles. Same county, different city.

Well, I made four trips over there today, along with steaming the carpets. I started making trips yesterday right after the closing. There are about a million small boxes scattered throughout the house, wherever there aren't damp carpets. The movers are only moving the big stuff for us. We rented the truck ourselves and they're providing the brawn. I only have to pay them by the hour, 2-hour minimum and then 15-minute increments after that. They're bringing the dollies, packing blankets and straps. Can't beat that!

The sellers are just moving across the street, so if we have any questions, they're there to ask. Really nice people.

Ever so much more pleasant than the last time I bought a house. The elderly widow lady we bought the house from didn't really want to sell the house so she made every step as unpleasant as possible. At closing, she sat with her back turned to us and would only turn around to sign papers. As she left, she said "I hope you never have a happy day in that house!" and spat on the floor in our direction.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That world traveler, Yvonne Smith is finally coming home. Haven’t had a Pit yet unless one counts the fact that it turned cold again.
    Still, the knowledge that my wife will make it home sometime this afternoon does indeed give me a warm feeling.

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

OMG @Mary Robi ..that last seller was obviously unhinged..

I hope your new house brings you lots of happiness...

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

@Bobby Cole , good news that @Yvonne Smith is coming home after her long trip, she'll likely be exhausted. I hope her drive home was pleasant and she got to see some lovely views... :D

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Pit :..if we want to call it a Pit is that my knee hurts so I have to have it strapped even tho' I had my physiotherapy on it just 3 days ago... more on Thurday tho'..

Peak :..Got to speak to my daughter this morning because it's Mothers' day.....and the sun is out too..

peak:.. Hubs just helped me clear out a large stationary cupboard I've been desperate to clean out for ages. I needed him to do it because he's not sentimental about anything, whereas I would be putting half the stuff back.. but now it's all empty..yeaah!!

Peak:. Just about to have my favourite home made Sunday lunch.. Lamb chops cooked in caramelised red onion beef gravy, broccoli cheese, and Yorkshire pudding *yum* :D

Don Alaska and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

What about the battery, you know that old saying 'Did you plug it in first'?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh it was fully charged... we spoke directly to the repair people at Apple after my husband tried several ways to get it started, and they were really helpful. They're sending out an envelope for me to send the phone to them... and in the meantime I'm using my old Iphone...

Von Jones likes this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The pit of my weekend: my eye was itching so bad that I rubbed it until it puffed up, started tearing like crazy too. My thought was pink eye because it was not white any more then I thought allergy because I went outside earlier. Purchased Claritin and Visine for allergies it did help some but persisted. Then I Googled. Pink eye and allergies had pretty much the same symptoms, go figure. I'd have to go to the doctor to determine whether its bacterial or viral, huh? No urgent cares open on Sunday so back to the drugstore. I spoke with the pharmacist about something over the counter for pink eye. 'Oh you should go to the doctor because pink eye is bacterial.' That's not what I asked I thought. 'I just want something for relief.' It wasn't as effective as I hoped, like instant relief, ta da! After awhile the itching subsided and the tearing reduced to a tiny pool in the corner of my eye instead of streams flowing down the right side of my face.

The peak was I found these neat sunglass clipons with a spring that stretches over your eyeglasses. Made by Gentle Grip, Solar Shield - polarized and scratch resistant lenses. I just grabbed them without looking at the cost, didn't care.

11. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Only Pit so far...more cold and clouds.
    Off to periodontal cleaning later.....hoping all is still well with the choppers.:)

12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am home, and I am exhausted. I took a nap yesterday as soon as I had unpacked and put my clothes in the washing machine.
    Then, I was still tired and went to bed early last night; so I imagine that it will take me a few days of recovery before I am back to my regular self.

I had a great time, totally LOVED being in Hawaii, and I am sure that seeing Philadelphia would have been better if it were not just so terribly cold and I was not already tired for traveling so much. I only saw the parts of Philadelphia that were outside of the hotel window, and that was not much.
    After we left Hawaii, we went to Seattle and visited with family there, and then on out to Philadelphia for Robin to work for the week, and then we drove home.
    She was able to stop in Richmond, VA and meet one of the new relatives that we are discovering from Ancestry and 23 and Me research. His father and Robin’s dad are cousins, and he is almost identical in age with Robin, and it was fun for her to be able to meet up with one of her East Coast relatives that she had not known about before.
    Over all, the trip was just a great experience, and I am so happy that my daughter was able to take me along with her.

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Glad you enjoyed Hawaii, but sad you missed the important things in Philly.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Perhaps when they send Robin up there for another work week, and the weather is better, I can go along and then take one of the tour busses while she is working.
    They are over $30, and the whole tour is only about 90 minutes, so that seems like a lot of money to spend for that short of a bus ride. They did have some interesting looking tours that were walking tours, also; but aside from the fact that it was freezing cold last week, I am not in good enough physical condition to manage most of the walking tours.

15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

The only Pit my day may have- is sending the only TV back today to get repaired. I use TV for everything, stream music, news, watch shows.
    So will boil down to reading, word find puzzles and computer streaming of music and shows. Oh well, there are worse things in the world.