The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Monument said Blizzard...after I talked to my sister that day I looked on her weather page.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, just looked up the weather report for Colorado Springs area and north and it states "blizzard conditions". But, this wasn't for the Parker area.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell , I'm sorry to hear about your back *ouch*, I know how you feel because I had to use the damn cane this week as well, my back went out for no reason at all, but that's what happens sometimes because of the herniated discs..so I feel for you.

Good thing you didn't attempt the clearing out of your F.I.L's house or you'd be in a much worse state.. :eek:

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi there Gloria - sorry to hear your back hurts, hope its getting better for you now you're back home.
    As for the cane, I have to use mine every day ! I do me best to look the cool lady with it - don't know if I succeed :p

Hedi Mitchell and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders @Patsy Faye ..thank you both. yep its a killer here lately. Some better today . I do not understand though why it is up so high vs, the lower back area as the norm. Will take it easy again today- but I have many things to do, so this needs to Stop!:p

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Apply heat Gloria... when the pain is in my upper back, neck or shoulders I use a Microwave heat pad, it's really good at relaxing the muscles... Only takes 3 minutes to heat up, and lasts for about 10 minutes. I tried to find you the one I bought but it looks like they've sold out.. it goes over your shoulders like a vest..

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I DO have severe back problems, but I had pain in my upper back that I thought was a pinched nerve or dislocated rib., but I went to a chiropractor and he told me after examination that it was a muscle problem, not a chiropractic issue. He sent me for a 1-hour massage and, sure enough, the pain was resolved.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good idea Don... but those snake shaped ones are no good for the shoulders and upper back simultaneously ( I have those also)...nor will they be aroma free like the ones I posted..., also another consideration is that when the upper back ( I have lower and upper back pain).. it's difficult to sit and sew without pain too...

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Holly Saunders likes this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I have a Bed Buddy , you can heat up or freeze. I do use that and a heating pad.Doctor said heat then ice..it does help just time consuming.
    For years went to chiropractor when our backs acted up-but no longer can afford or have desire to snap crackle and pop.
    Just so aggravating to add another of my Once - No to aliment list. Oh well, I am still very blessed in the health dept-as long as I do not let a doctor tell me otherwise:cool:

Holly Saunders likes this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

I honestly have tried everything for my back, painkillers, tens machine, spent fortunes on physio which helped a little, , had cortisone injections, and even surgery

..I bought an electric massage chair ..OMG that made it worse... ..I don't use the RICE method on my back (rest, ice, compression and elevation.) it doesn't work, only the over the shoulder heat pad, works better than everything else I've tried over the years , not brilliant but enough to give relief along with PK's..

. That said I do get relief when my back has gone out completely and I can't stand up at all when my back won't take the weight of my body ..by using the Alexander technique . I do it before I get out of bed in the morning.

Don Alaska likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes ignorance 'is' bliss Gloria

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have the degenerated disks in my spine also, so I have to be careful what I do, and bending wrong can definitely throw something out of alignment.
    Most of the time, what helps me the most , it to avoid (or at least limit) inflammatory foods, because inflammation always causes pain. I try to have more of the anti-inflammatory foods, and only a small amount of the inflammatory ones, and that seems to help.
    Weather also makes a difference, so some days, I am just “creaky” , no matter what I do. I think that the regular exercise of going to the fitness center almost every day helps as well.
    I have a hot pad that I can use when my back does go out, and we have one of the electric massage chairs also, which Bobby and I just love. It also has heat as well as a variety of massage choices, and it feels so good in the evening after one of these cold winter days when the old joints are feeling stiff by nighttime.

Don Alaska likes this.