The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: Burned most of the enormous pile of limbs and trunk of the pine tree that was felled by the wind last week.

Pit: While the fire was burning I decided to catch some fish...didn't get a bite.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Is it just that jacked up price...or is there other reasons you might not be enthused about booking during the Holidays?

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Not at all @Babs Hunt , I would be delighted to go away at Christmas... I love everything to do with festive period. I just feel that the prices are astronomical compared to maybe just a few weeks before or after.... and although I'm not exactly tight with money ( my husband always jokes that I am, because I'm Scottish)... but I just hate that people get ripped off for things because it's a particularly popular time of year.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Wife had to set in stopped traffic yesterday morning going into work due to a motorcycle accident. She was driving our 1997 Dodge RAM 1500 truck, that we don't use very much. It's has 155k miles on it. The gas in it was somewhat low and sitting in traffic lower the gas gauge even more. She made it to work, but I didn't want her to run out on the way home, so I took a couple of gallons of gas to her work and put into truck. When I checked the gas gauge, the Check Engine light stayed on. So, I left the Durango with her and took the truck to have a auto parts store use a Code Analyzer to see what the problem was. Appears that there is a problem with a Purge Valve. Thing is, we just had a new one put in this past May. So, back to Midas to see what they say.

Perk: Got my new glasses yesterday. Another set of lenses are going to be made, because the manufacturer forgot to make the lenses "transitional" for sunlight. Hope there's not a lot of sunlight this weekend, because I don't want to switch back and forth from my new glasses to my old ones (old ones are "transitional" for sun). IOW, I want my eyes to adjust (get use to) the new specifications of my new lenses, so when the newer (with "transition") come in, I won't have any problem wearing them. Does this make any sense?

Oh, another Perk....... wife is taking Monday off (PTO) and hopefully we will be able to take our boat out for the last time this year. If not, will have to get it ready for "rest time" until next March/April.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Personally, Holly, I don't think people get "ripped off", because there are so many people today that, due to today's salaries, have absolutely no problem paying for higher costs during the holidays. It's like they expect it and simply accept it.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Go for it then...and enjoy the delights of the Holiday season with the one you love...make some of those wonderful memories you can cherish in your heart forever. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Holly Saunders

Registered

That's the thing Cody...I'm lucky we can afford it, but I don't want to waste money unnecessarily..in this case it's not me but my O/H... we can travel any other time of the year but when it comes to Christmas or Ester or the school holidays..prices shoot up hugely for fares and accommodation..and that's unfair... Sure, I have no qualms about them adding extra because people have to work over those periods who would otherwise spend time with their families, but airline and hotels and resorts just completely take advantage out of the average wage earner.. meaning they have a much lesser chance of being able to afford a holiday in high season... We would usually take a vacation out of high season but this year Christmas is the only time hubs is going to get time off, and he's worked so hard the last few weeks.. 90 hours plus the last few weeks alone...that he deserves a nice rest ...but it just annoys me that he'll have to pay such a premium for something that will cost so much less just a few weeks earlier or later..

@Babs Hunt , I'll let you know what we've decided to do once I have a good think about it... :D

Tim Burr and Babs Hunt like this.
  8. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in Nashville, the Hotel rate actual drops quite a bit.
    It is the slow time at our Hotel.

Of course Christmas in Nashville is not like going to New York
    or Disney World for the holiday, but for those visiting family here,
    they can stay Downtown and enjoy the parade, lights and a Southern Christmas.

Recharging with a holiday is one of best things I can think of.

I know that if we hadn't gone to Washington in September, we would be heading
    somewhere for Christmas.:)

Chrissy Cross and Holly Saunders like this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Forget to mention my pit and peak yesterday.

Peak: eye exam was good, everything is fine and even my cataracts aren't that urgent but I want to get them over with...maybe next year!!
    Also, the assistant or technician who was examining my eyes said I had such pretty color eyes. :)
    She might say that to everyone but it made my day.

Pit: as I'm driving home after spending almost 2 hrs at that appt, he was running behind but I was happy...the need to change oil soon message popped up. :(

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well an oil change is no big Deal CC... just pop it into the garage and they'll have it done in an hour...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I guess, it's just that I never have it done in Fresno. Not even sure where to take it. Used to go to Firestone with my old car but maybe I'll look for a jiffy Lube that's closer.

12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Peak...after 4 PTs, I can stretch my arm straight up and out...yay.

Reaching back is still painful but I'm happy with my progress.

I think it's the deep tissue massages the therapist gives...they hurt when she's doing it but I think it helps.

They also do Ice and a tens machine along with my stretching exercises.

No pit so far but it's still early. :)

13. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak ..got up full of energy today...so cleaned up and out fridge and cabinets.
    Pit...my grown grand daughter was in a car accident...she will be fine but banged up bad.Totaled the car. Smh...a lady hit her :(

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Glad she's okay! Yikes, that's scary!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Oh No...Gloria, that's horrible news... I do hope your grand-daughter is going to be ok.. it's such a shock when something like that happens because we sometimes feel we should still be protecting our kids and grandkids, even when they're adults..

Hedi Mitchell likes this.